Hello! I am curious what is sarcoidosis for that is how I have been diagnosed recently for I was coughing very often and even I had some problems with the lack of breath and though I thought it is not serous I had first my blood test which showed increased calcium levels after which I was advised to have some lung function test as well as bronchoscope that resulted with sarcoidosis diagnose. So is there anyone to tell me what is sarcoidosis and how it is treated? Thanks!

I had the same problem about 6 years ago and this sarcoidosis situation just have vanished on its own- the thing is if the sarcoidosis is concentrated only on your lung area than no special treatment is needed it usually disappear on its own –in my case it took almost 2 years. I was only having regular medical controls and some X-rays test so if your sarcoidosis condition has spread on some other area such as heart but some severe form of sarcoidosis may also affect eyes and central nervous system than the usual treatment is prednosine –that is some corticosteroid drug that reduces the inflammation. Sarcoidosis is actually an inflammatory disease that first affects the lung and than in some cases may spread to the other organs causing serious complications but basically in most of the cases it is focused on the lungs and stays there 1 up to 3 years and than disappear on its own.

I was also diagnosed with sarcoidosis back in 2000.

They only picked it up from an x-ray i had in relation to my thyroid.

I didn't have any symptoms and was told just to keep an eye on it. Last x-rays were clear but there are some support groups that will tell you it only goes into remission. So far so good and i hope it doesn't come back. ;-)