Hello. I'm 35 year old male and I think I have developed a serious back problems. About a month ago I have injured my back when I was moving some furniture from my old house to ma apartment and I didn’t think that it could be some serious problem.
I putted some ice packs on it and believed that the pain will go away in few days. I was very wrong. The pain with time only grew stronger and stronger. I couldn’t walk at all, not to mention that I couldn’t sleep also or sit. So, I have contacted my doctor which, using MRI, determined that I have developed some condition called broad based right paracentral protrusion L5-S1.
Does anybody have any experience with this?

Hi. I have read your post and recognize almost all my symptoms. You see, about three years ago I was diagnosed with the same back condition. I can tell you only that I have suffered from even worse symptoms because I was having sharp pains down my right leg and numbness in the bottom of my foot.
My doctor told me that the protrusion of the cartilage is impinging on the nerve causing swelling and thereby radiating pain along the lower limb. Doctor told me that operation will not be necessary for this condition because the cartilage didn’t cause any damage of the nerve.
So, he prescribed me some medication such as flexiril and bextra which I used for a year period. They helped me a lot and I don’t feel any pain now what so ever. I also recommend you to do some stretching exercises because they could help you a lot.