Hi guys,

I need some info here. I've recently went to see my doctor, he did some analysis, I've had some heart problems before. Now, I'm supposed to do both MRI scan and DEL stents. I've researched a bit on my own and I kind of found out what is MRI scan for, but I have no idea what does DEL stents mean. 

I found out that MRI scan is a medical imaging technique used in radiology to image the anatomy and the physiological processes of the body in both health and disease. I also found out that it is sometimes not recommended for people who have stents placed.

Why do I need them both?

Hello Adria,

I believe that there is no such thing as "DEL stents". There is a connection between MRI scan and stents because sometimes MRI scan is not safe if you have stents placed in a certain place, although, this happens to be rare.

So if I'm right, you have to do just one procedure and it's MRI scan. Do you have any stents placed? If you do, I would tell the radiology department when you see them about this, just for imaging purposes, but otherwise, it is fine to have an MRI scan with almost all types of stents in place.

Hi you two,

I'm not sure if there is such a thing called "DEL stents", but I'm pretty sure that I have never heard about it. I did a little research on the internet and searched in some books for this term but I hit the wall there so you might have misspelled it or heard it wrong or something.

MRI scan isn't safe sometimes. If you have stents placed, it would be wise to tell your doctor this. Also, MRI scanning can be a bit tricky if you are pregnant, if you have any tattoos or if you have kidney problems.

Hey Adria,

You are right, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a noninvasive test that uses a magnetic field and radiofrequency waves to create detailed pictures of organs and structures inside your body. It can be used to examine your heart and blood vessels and to identify areas of the brain affected by stroke. 

The MRI scan can help your doctor determine whether do you have tissue damage from a heart attack, reduced blood flow in the heart muscle, problems in the aorta, diseases of the pericardium such as constrictive pericarditis, heart muscle diseases, such as heart failure or enlargement of the heart, heart valve disorders or congenital heart problems.

Hi everybody,

I haven't heard about DEL stents either, Adria, you might want to ask your doctor again about this one, I know a lot about stents and stenting and I have never heard about this one before.

When it comes to MRI, it is a safe and painless test for most people. People with any type of metal device inside their body should not have a MRI scan unless the device is certified as MRI safe. You will also be able to get back to your normal activities right away.

I agree with the people who wrote above, tell your doctor if you have any stents.

Hey there. I am not so sure that you need to do both. I am pretty sure that MRI scan is a first option that you need to do. And to be totally honest with you I never have heard that someone did DEL stents around me.

But whatever you want to do my advice is to consult your doctor. You need to tell him that you really want to know what is the safest option for you. I am sure that very soon you will get the proper answer. MRI scan sometimes is not safe for several patients but every patient reacts differently on it.

Good day there.

I don’t know that much about DEL stents, but I do know a little bit about MRI scan because my neighbor had it and she was talking about it for a long time.

Well, basically you should not have any problems with it at all. She had it and the recovery process was very good. And really, all she needed to do was MRI scan, nobody never mentioned DEL stents to her. I am not even sure what it is.

MRI scan can help you to find out what is wrong with your heart, what type of damage you have.

Hey there. Magnetic resonance imaging is just fine. It is a scan that is a common procedure used by hospitals all around the world. MRS uses a very strong magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.

I know that my doctor is recommending this technique to anyone.

About the other thing that you have asked, I really don’t know what to tell you since I have no idea what that is and is it good for something.

I suggest you to do MRI scan because I am sure that it is going to help you a lot.

Hey everyone.

Wow, I can read so many different opinions in here. To be honest, this what I am going to tell you doesn’t mean that I do know something. But I remember that my friend had the same doubt and her doctor told her that she needs to do both – MRI scan and DEL stents as well. MRI scan is something that she needs to do and del stents goes together with it. So she listened to him and she did it. I was never clear about this, but I guess that doctors still do know the best even if I would tell you as well that you need to do MRI Scan only.