I had my third baby 2/15/11 and my bilateral tubal ligation 2/16/11. No complications after the laprascopic surgery. Breastfed and formula fed together from the beginning, pumping from about 4 weeks to 6 weeks until I went back to work and supply diminished. Bled after birth until 5 weeks, when I had my post natal appointment. Started first period after that around 3 weeks later (baby was 8 weeks). It was 'normal' for me - lasted about 6 days, had cramps before and the first 2 days. All normal for me. I know my normal cycle because I had not been on BC for about 8-9 months before becoming pregnant and was very regular until the month before I got pregnant. So anyway, had my second period beginning may 6 and lasting til may 11. Again, all very normal for me. My husband and I had regular intercourse probably about every other day during the time I was not bleeding, with only the tubal ligation as birth control. 17 days after I stopped my second period, on may 23, I began spotting. It was very light, and I thought it was sex-related. It varied from brownish to light red to slight pinkish. The next day the same. The third day I needed a tampon, but only a light one. After that for a few days I bled more heavily, but not as heavy as the start of a normal period -- about how I normally would towards the second 1/2 of my regular periods. On most days during this I would go several hours with no bleeding and think it was all over. I went all last night with only a pantyliner which was ahem,not needed by the time I woke up this morning. However, I got to work and around 9am it started, very very light again. This is day 11.

Any ideas? Please no hijacking here, I am looking for some help.

I've called my GYN and left a msg for the MA or nurse to call me about it but that was yesterday morning and I've not yet heard back. . .

EDIT - to mention, this long 11 days has had NO cramping whatsoever.

I wish I could help. I cam across your post because I am going though the exact same thing. Maybe it has something to do with the tubal? I had mine Nov. 22, 2010 during my C-section. I'm hoping so as I am getting worried. Today I started my 3rd period in 6 weeks. This has never happened before. I am going to see my gyn on Friday. Hopefully I'll have some news that will be helpful to you. 

dont know how much i can help, but i had my tubes done for 20 years now.  my cycle comes every month and sometimes it is really heavy for some and then i get a lite one.  i hav had it stop in the middle of my cycle because of clots and once it past it would start back up again.  when i first had mine done during a c-section, i really dont know how it was but i did get my cycle every month for the past 20 years.  it was after 10 years that i really started to notice how sometimes it was different, i never really worried as long as i wasnt pregnant.  i was diagnosis with endrometriosis (sorry about the spelling) and this is why the cycles are different from time to time.  i hope i am able to help, but now sure.  i do get check ups and everything else had been fine.

Well reply 2 wat they say cause the same thing happening 2 me im starting get worried! Thks!

I have to say that after 20 yrs of painful regular heavy periods, I am kind of excited to see how they are after tubal ligation three weeks ago. Just started my first one today, and so far not too bad. I know that over the years my periods have varied in length, flow, and pain. I have not taken any form of BC in over ten years, and have had all kinds of complications. I think sometimes it is a matter of stress, body changes and such. Your body may need more time to heal and self regulate. After having my third child.....I was irregular for almost three years! I suggest rest and time.

My experience with having a tubal 5 months ago....  I have extreme pain to the point I sit on the toilet and cry my eyes out...The pain takes your breath away.  I have gained tons of weight.  The smell that comes from my vagina when I'm not bleeding smells like something crawled up there and died.... Horrible smell.... Sex hurts and is not pleasant at all..Facial hair wondering if I am turning into a monkey.... Headaches that bring me to my knees.... I constantly want to throw up...   One minute laughing next minute sobbing my eyes out....periods very heavy always wonder if I am going to bleed to death... exhausted.... can't get enough sleep..

Before this "surgery"  just had my 3rd son at 30 years old.I would have severe pre-eclampsia. Normal easy periods. Normal happy go lucky attitude.  Rarely cried... Loved sex  never painful.... never smelled bad...

Currently looking for a doctor to reverse the damage I have done!!!! I will take any risks to have this done... Even if it costs me my life.... Any outcome can't be worse than my current condition!! The sad part is I trusted and loved my doctor andshe never warned me of this possible outcome... I am in the process of writing her a book so the next time someone asks her if there are risks, hopefully, my story comes to her mind and she tells them...

I know its been a long to.e since this post but now I'm doing the same exact thing 3rd period in 6 weeks did you ever come up with an answer

Its tubal ligation syndrome - do some research on it - causes 35 different symptoms i am currently suffering from 33 of the 35 - have drs that laugh at me saying its all in my head - yeah my super heavy periods that keep me in bed, my headaches, that odor between my legs, my lack of libido, hair loss - yeah all of those things are in my head.

Have you figured out what's going out I am currently experiencing the same thing!