^^i'm in your same position. and its all recent too. so i'm very unsure what to think about the whole sex deal.

julie arnold wrote:

im worried about me and my boyfriend we have been together for neally a year. Me and my bf have had a water infection and have'nt been to the doctors yet today he came home saying he had blood in his urine and been losing discharge. im a week late on my period and been losing discharge. i spoke to my doc on the fone and she said we could have a sexual transmitted desease i dont think his cheated and i know i havent could we of got it before we got together and not of know about it .xx

Your symptoms do sound more like a std than ordinary UTI (water infection).
It is possible that one of your contracted a bacterium some time ago. This is very likely to happen with Chlamydia because this bacterium often causes no symptoms and it is very hard to track and recognize the infection.

However, you better wish you didn’t have Chlamydia for a year. This bacterium causes severe complications if not treated on time. It could even lead to infertility because it may travel further into the urino-genitary tract and cause scarring of for example fallopian tubes. I am not saying that you have Chlamydia but I am just talking about the options.

Excessive discharge may be caused by a yeast infection that is not called an STD, because one does not get it by sexual contact although it could be spread back and forth between the partners.
Yeast infection occurs after a prolonged antibiotic treatment or excessive vaginal douching and washing, etc

The only thing I can advise you is to have it checked ASAP, both of you, so that you wouldn’t experience complications and side effects. Bacteria is not something you want to mess with although it is easily treated if spotted on time!