Hi. I'm 22 year old female and just recently I've experienced several very unpleasant symptoms. I have noticed this strange vaginal discharge and it got me really worried. All this was accompanied with really bad fishy odor and itchy sensations!
Only thing that’s good about all this is that presently I'm not sexually active and I don’t suspect in any sexually transmitted disease.
I've contacted my gynecologist and he told me he suspect that some vaginal bacterial infection occurred and prescribed me some antibiotics. How did I develop this condition?
Can it be transmitted sexually?

Hi. I was diagnosed with this bacterial vaginitis at least three or four times in my life and I must tell you that it isn’t anything so serious. The condition is also called vaginitis or inflammation of vagina.
Bacterial vaginosis is the most common cause of vaginal irritation, itching, and discharge, and bacteria that are causing it are Bacteroides, Gardnerella vaginalis, Mobiluncus and Mycoplasma hominis. It can be transmitted sexually but also by douching
or using intrauterine devices. Most commonly prescribed medications are being prescribed for this condition are Ampicillin, Ceftriaxone, Clindamycin, Metronidazole and Tetracycline!

Truthfully it sounds like a yeast infection, which is very common in women. There is no need to worry just go to the doc. and get your vagina checked out. XD

Please note that a yeast infection in it's true and purest form - does NOT have an odour. If she is having a fishy odour, it is most likely a BV.