Hydrocephalus impacts the lives of countless people, and there is no cure. However, through collaboration, knowledge-sharing, and interaction, we can bring our collective knowledge and experiences together to improve and save more lives.

It is a term derived from the Greek words "hydro" meaning water, and "cephalus" meaning head, and this condition is sometimes known as "water on the brain". People with hydrocephalus have abnormal accumulation of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) in the ventricles, or cavities, of the brain. This may cause increased intracranial pressure inside the skull and progressive enlargement of the head, convulsion, and mental disability.

Thanks so much for the information. I learned something from your post. Is there someone close to you who suffers from this disease? Are there support groups that work with families of people with this disease. If so, what are the support groups called? Are they helpful? What is the life expectancy of a person with hydrocephalus? Please let me know what your experience is with this disease. I hope that all is well with you.