Hi everyone. I have a dog named Scooter. He is a wonderful dog, and he is probably the greatest joy of my life. My cats love him! That’s very strange since they were never around dogs before so I though their reaction  could be different.

Anyway, I take good care of him. He sleeps in the house, always. I even let him climb on the furniture which wasn’t even allowed for my cats till recently.

The only thing I don’t know how to take care of is Scooter’s food. I’ve been told that I should feed him with raw food. Is this true? What is the best raw dog food?

Hmm. I’ve made some researches and this would be my final list when it comes to best raw dog food:

-Aunt Jeni’s Home Made (Raw Frozen) 

-BARF Dog Food (Raw Frozen) 

-Bravo Balance Dog Food (Raw Frozen) 

-Darwin’s ZooLogics (Raw Frozen) 

-Fresh Is Best Dog Food (Freeze-Dried) 

-Stella and Chewy’s Freeze Dried  (Freeze-Dried) 

-Stella and Chewy’s Raw Frozen (Raw Frozen) 

(I don’t know why Stella and Chewy’s is not the first on my list… nevermind) 

-Freshpet Vital Raw Patties (Refrigerated) 

-K-9 Kraving Dog Food (Raw Frozen) 

-Nature’s Variety Instinct Freeze Dried Raw (Freeze-Dried) 

-Primal Freeze-Dried Formula (Freeze-Dried) 

-SmallBatch Dog Food (Raw Frozen) 

You got a good advice. Although raw food is more expensive than kibble or canned food, it totally worth it. The raw food prevents skin problem, improve dog’s digestion and strengthen his immune system.

I can recommend you two “The honest Kitchen” brands (Embark and Thrive).

They come in form of dehydrated powder which you mix with water to make a moist food. The Honest Kitchen has great reviews all over the web. Embark is grain-free and its ingredients are: turkey, organic flaxseed, celery, potatoes and spinach.

Thrive’s ingredients are: chicken, sweet potatoes, parsley, organic quinoa and spinach. It’s a little cheaper and lower quality than Embark, but still the great choice for your dog

My personal favorite is Stela and Chewy’s too. And my dog loves it. I also heard that ‘’Steve’s Real Food (Freeze-Dried)’’ is good. And then there’s Stewart Raw Naturals (Freeze-Dried) which I bought by accident but then it turned out to be great. They also have Stewart Raw Naturals (Raw Frozen).

My friend says that something called ‘’TruDog Dog Food (Freeze-Dried)’’ is good. I’ve never tried it, but it is supposed to be healthy.

And there’s also Tucker’s Raw Frozen (Raw Frozen). They say it’s good. Never tried it.

What I have tried is Vital Essentials Dog Food (Freeze-Dried). I am 90 % satisfied. I also tried 

Hello there.

I always do recommend homemade raw dog food, but sometimes you need to buy raw food. Sometimes you just don’t have a time to prepare the food every single day, right?Barf dog food, raw frozen is definitely my choice. Of course, there are other great products. Sometimes, I love to give my dog stewart raw naturals, it is raw frozen food. Vital essentials dog food is also a good thing. The market is full of good raw products for your dog.

It is true, it is more expensive, but it is really worthy :) There are a lot of benefits that you dog can get from raw foods. 

Hey there. I am giving stella and chewy’s raw frozen food to my dogs, and I think that this is totally OK choice. I like it because all ingredients are natural and pure ingredients. I know that two most important thing for me and for my dogs are proper nutrition and natural ingredients.  I know that this diet program at the beginning was really hard for me, because I didn’t know that my dogs will love this raw food. They accepted it really soon, and I have to say that I am really happy about this. That is definitely my choice number one. 

Hi everyone. Like rubylock wrote, those are good raw products for your dog. Now, you have a good and proper list and you should do some research, which food is the best for your dog. I have some foods that I am giving to my Boo, and those are BARF dog food, bravo balance dog food and Darwin’s Zoologics. I can’t say which one is the best, because my Boo loves it all. And, I am really happy when my dog is happy. Those are all good products, with good ingredients, and I don’t see why this food can’t replace homemade food :)

I think the best raw food for dogs is the food that you can prepare by yourself at home. 

You never know when you buy food from pet shops, there could be all kinds of additives and artificial colors. And I know that there is the list of ingredients on the back, but would it be the first time for them to avoid listing some harmful ingredients.

And even if that wasn’t possible, they can always mask the harmful ingredients with some fancy names and the majority of people will have no clue what are they buying.

So, if you ask me, homemade is the best.

I totally support this claim (and, if you ask me, that is a fact). Only homemade raw food is a choice for your dog. I know we are all having problems with a lack of time, but you need to find it enough for your pet. You need to treat him like a member of your family. If you don’t feed your kids properly, they will get overweight and will have serious health issues. That will be the fate of your dog as well.

So, make yourself comfortable in the kitchen and start feeding your dog homemade raw food and enjoy!