hi there. I am almost 40 years old and I think that I will never learn some things in my life. a couple of days ago I went with my friends to the mall after Christmas market. to be honest, I enjoyed this Christmas market and drinking punch, but not...they wanted some beauty products to buy. generally, I am not into shopping but I went there with them. one of my friends bought a so-called petroleum jelly and all of my friends started to talk how this amazing is. and I - I don't have an idea what this is. I mean, I can seek on the internet something about it, but I want to hear your opinion. what is petroleum jelly & what is it used for?

Good day there Cat. It is a Vaseline. Simple. It contains water and oil. Actually, to be precise, it is a mixture of mineral oils and waxes, which form a semisolid jelly-like substance that you use for your skin, your lips, to be precise. When you take a look at the history, this product hasn't changed much since Robert Augustus Chesebrough discovered it in 1859. Maybe some things which were under the question are they safe or not, but generally, it still remains one of the best natural remedies for your skin that you can get. So, feel free to use it. I believe that you have heard about Vaseline, right? 

and I strongly believe that you won't find anything better today on the market than a petroleum jelly. it has been used for decades and I do know why this is one of the best products ever. vaseline for lips is something that can do an amazing job. but I believe that petroleum jelly is not only used for lips. you have it in so many different packages, and you can use it for cracked heels, you can even remove your makeup from your face, totally safe. also, you can use it if you have a kid and it has a rash that is caused by diapers. so many things, so many benefits.   

Celebrity

Yes, I was reading that petroleum jelly is good for so many different things and that its benefits are numerous. But, I have to be honest - I have never used it for something other than my lips. Also, I know that once I was reading that it is good for the hair, because sun and wind exposure, as well as pool water, can dry up your hair, especially during the summer. This all affects your hair and that is why your hair is damaged. So, according to some experiences and researchers as well, petroleum jelly can reduce the look of split ends and add shine to your hair. Just rub a small amount of it and wash it. I mean, I have never tried it, but I think that I will. What can harm? 

Good day guys. Oh, Petroleum jelly is Vaseline.
How silly I am. I mean, I believed that there is only one name for Vaseline and I was using this name like always. But I have to be honest that I have never tried Vaseline in an option when it comes to my skin. I was a little bit skeptical because I believed that it is not OK to use something for your skin that you also can use in almost any aspect of your life in your house.
But I keep hearing that people are saying that petroleum jelly is good for this, that is good for that, etc. Don't know, maybe in some near future, I will try it.
Is there any danger of it?

I am not sure what to answer about this, about dangerous and possible side - effects. I do know that it has so many benefits and I have never heard that this one did something bad to a people, but I remember that I watched one sho about it where it says that some ladies were using it, not only for While petroleum jelly has an external use but for the internal as well. I think that you are aware of it, but just in case for those who don't know a lot about it, you should know that you should not eat or insert petroleum jelly anywhere. Why am I saying this? Because I know that some people are using it as a lubricant, and that should not be an option. Why? Because some ladies were tested positive for bacterial vaginosis after using it. 

Definitely. I have one friend and when she was about to have an intercourse for the first time, her boy was not able to get into her. So, he suggested her to put some Vaseline because it would be easier. She believed that people are doing this and after this, she was diagnosed with some bacteria. So, avoid it.
On the other hand, when it comes to some other ways of using it, you should know that there are some side - effects. For example, sometimes Vaseline won't allow the skin to dry or cleaning the skin properly before applying petroleum jelly can cause fungal or bacterial infections. Keep that in your mind.

I know that you might find silly what am I going to tell you, but you should really be careful with it. It is not something that you should play around with. I am saying that you should not go to buy it with one thing on your mind - this is perfectly healthy, etc. You can read that there are several side - effects and you should keep those in your mind. I know that a lot of kids are using petroleum jelly, but I would recommend you to check with your doctor before using petroleum jelly around the nose area, especially in children, like I told you. They just don't know how to use it and they can easily put it on the nose are. Why? Because, inhaling mineral oils may cause aspiration pneumonia.

If I may add some corrections in here, I really hope that you won't blame me because of it. This maybe is the same, but I think that there are some small differences between petroleum jelly and vaseline. Generally, the vaseline is the original, name brand for petroleum jelly. Sure, you might won't notice the difference between the name brand and generic brands. At first, in Vaseline, you can find only highest quality ingredients and a special purification and filtration process. That is why there might be some small variations, especially inconsistency, smoothness with Vaseline and some generic brands. It is small, but I think that is worthy of mentioning.