Is sun chlorella as effective as the promotions say?

Chlorella is a kind of green algae, its popular food supplement in Japan. It is obviously very rich in proteins and xanthines. I do believe that it has detoxification and protective activities. Personally, I think that if something is sold as otc, it can’t has neither significant positive nor negative effects. But that is always better to try with natural products than with artificial. It may interfere with action of warfarin because it’s rich in vitamin k. Chlorella is used as a green food. I’ve heard that it may help in regulation of cholesterol level and bowel function, but it’s not a medication. Anyway, it’ can’t harm you and is healthy. If I were you, I’d try.

Do you have any specific problems with your health or you are just willing to try it for healthy reasons?

Lori wrote: Personally, I think that if something is sold as otc, it can’t has neither significant positive nor negative effects.

Have you never observed the cold/flu symptom fighting qualities of Astragalus, Echinacea, garlic or Oil of Oregano? Or witnessed a asthmatic child gasping for air relieved by simple OTC Benadryl? What about the decongestant Sudafed or the more natural version ephedra or ma huong? Tho it has been misused as a dietary aid it is a great decongestant.

i work for a national call center, and handle calls for many different products. and for some products, people will not be very happy. but when people call about sun chlorella they seem very satisfied and several say they're regular customers

I was employed by Sun Chlorella USA about 6 years ago. That company is very careful about what their sales reps are allowed to say/disclose to any customer (potential or current).

Fact is that everything they say about the product is said with the word may....as is It MAY help with lowering this or it MAY help with boosting that...

I just feel that for something that may or may not work, people sure spend a lot of money on it. This is especially true with their core customers.... the elderly who live on fixed incomes.

I started using SunChlorella in 2000. My cholesterol was extremely high genetically and at a very poor ratio of good to bad. I used it as directed for 2 years, then cut down to a managable number of tablets, ie: 15 of the small ones a day and later when my supply was diminished enough to switch to the large tablet, 2 of the large ones a day. The next time I had my cholesterol checked, 2004, it was at a perfect ratio and good cholesterol much higher than the bad. I made no other changes in my lifestyle than adding the SunChlorella and then, unrelated, added CalMax in 2003. I changed to CalAbsorb in 2004, which I find far superior in performance to the CalMax. (I was also diagnosed with osteoporosis in 2000)which after 2 years of CalAbsorb my bone density is nearly normal and no further danger of osteoporosis. I am 59, 4'10", 110#. I mention this because size does make a difference in how many pills or powders you take to someone of average height/weight. SunChlorella is very good at putting your account on hold if the orders start to pile up on you, same with Great Am. Products that provide the CalAbsorb. This is important as you don't want the products getting old and the amount they send tends to be excessive.

Sun Chlorella is really Nature's perfect superfood. I have been a loyal Sun Chlorella user for the past 12 years. Sun Chlorella helped me recover from a medical problem I had when pregnant with my oldest son. This was in the begining. Now 12 years later. I have energy and feel like a healthy person. My doctors are always impressed with my stellar immune system and excellent blood work. My children all take this product and they rarely get sick. And I am thrilled that they get a complete serving of vegetables in each serving. And I don't even have to clean a dish. I will be a fan of this wonderful product for the rest of my life. The new website is awesome by the way! And join their Gold Club to save the most money!
Sun Chlorella lover

When I started taking Sun Chlorella A, I was leading an active life. To be honest, I did not slow down enough to appreciate the effects one way or the other, of taking Sun Chlorella A regularly and over time. I did follow the regimen to the letter of the law. Then, I was laid off/got out of a bad situation financially, and found myself unemployed. I discontinued taking the product for financial reasons and because I didn't think I was receiving the benefits promised. Recently, I began taking the Sun Chlorella A again, having found some product left over that I never had taken. This after a couple of months away from the regimen. Well, let me tell you, the energy benefits promised in the literature were felt almost immediately (within a couple of days).........it's funny how it took taking time off from the ingestion of the product for me to really notice the difference between life with and life without Sun Chlorella A.

Does it help woman with the menstruation? for older woman in their 40s

This is to the person who wrote "I just feel that for something that may or may not work, people sure spend a lot of money on it." People spend BILLIONS of dollars on FDA approved medications, perscription and OTC all the time but noone really stops to think that NONE of these products are guarenteed to work either. As a matter of fact, ALL of them have the potential for horrible side effects that can potentially cause other health problems leading you to take more drugs. I know ALOT of people who take those meds who started off taking 1 or 2 for minor problems and have developed SEVERAL other medical problems from EACH medication they took causing them to NOW take about 50+ pills a day. I personally, would rather try a natural product with no or minimal side effects at a higher cost first.

YES, I can honestly say that it has helped my menstruation. There is no other explanation, I have been diagnosed with peri-menopause at the age of 43. I also have taken Sun Chlorella off and on for years. Each time I stop taking Sun Chlorella, my menstrual period becomes eratic. I have been as long as 50 days with no period and having as many as two periods in a month, and as soon as I began taking the Sun Chlorella my periods come on like clockwork. It's amazing!! I have dealt with this for years now since I am now 47 and it has proven itself to me each time.

Belinda From Virginia.

I have Crohn's disease. A.K.A inflammation of the intestines and inability to absorb food. Do you think Sun Chlorella will help me? %-)

Does Sun Chlorella help you lose weight and does it help with your hearing and memory

The reason why EVERY company that sells nutritional supplements, herbs, homeopathic remedies, etc JUST say the words "It may....as is It MAY help with lowering this or it MAY help with boosting that..." is because the FDA has made, YES! MADE a law that prohibits ANY company other than a drug company to claim that its product CAN cure, prevent or treat any disease. The Federal Government gave power to the FDA to write, approve and enforce ITS OWN LAWS. Ridiculous, but true! According to the FDA ONLY drugs can cure, treat or prevent any disease, and is against the law to state otherwise. If a company that manufactures and/or sells nutritional supplements claims that a product can cure, treat or prevent ANY disease, the FDA has the authority to raid and shut down the company IMMEDIATELY, if it doesn't agree to retract the statement. Nutritional supplements MUST write on the package that the particular "product is NOT intended to cure, treat or prevent any disease." Unfortunately, in THE USA ONLY DRUGS can cure diseases; alternative medicine is out of the equation, according to the FDA, Federal Government and, most importantly, according to the drug companies that are lining the fat pockets of our corrupted politicians, almost 100% of them. There are TRILLIONS of dollars at stake in the disease business and the BIG PHARMA don't want to lose a PENNY.
If you want to learn a lot more about this and nutrition, among the books you can read, I recommend at least one by Kevin Trudeau, "Naturals Cures THEY Don't Want You to Know About."
Good luck!

I believe it can help you, however, I think you should investigate about other supplements; Turmeric is an excellent anti-inflammatory, one of the best. Orientals, including people from India, have been using Turmeric as a remedy for thousands of years. Also you should take bacteria (Probiotics) on a regular basis. You need to re-populate your intestinal flora which is the single most important thing for proper food absorption.