Hi, I would like your opinion on reiki healing. I don’t like the way modern medicine is dealing with illness. All the tests, and needles and drugs with serious side effects. That is why I am considering trying an alternative type of therapy. I am particularly interested in undergoing reiki treatment. Can you tell me how reiki treatment is executed?

Hi, reiki is one of many types of alternative medicine. It was founded in Japan and in translation reiki means "spiritually guided life force energy”. The reiki practitioner receives the reiki energy and then lets it flow trough his hands to the patient. During the treatment the patient is relaxed and lying down. Reiki healer moves his hands all over the receiver’s body, especially targeting the problematic areas. Reiki energy is used to treat the whole person and not just the body. It is primarily used for stress relief and relaxation, but it can also be used to improve general health. Some reiki practitioners suggest that reiki should be used as a complement to conventional medicine and not as its replacement. So, I would advice you to try reiki as a form of relaxation therapy, but if you get ill don’t rely only on this life force energy to help you and go see a doctor.