Hello! I have heard and read about soy as very healthy. Therefore, I have decided to introduce some soy products into my every day diet. I went shopping for groceries yesterday and bought some soy flour, milk and yogurt. I thought I should start with basics. This morning I took some yogurt to drink and saw that there are no nutritional values on the label. Does someone know the nutritional values of soy yogurt since I am very careful about my daily calorie intake?

Hi! I drink soy yogurt all the time and I always have it in my fridge. So I guess that nutritional values depend on brand somewhat but I can tell you what they are for the soy yogurt I currently have with me. Since you are mostly interested in calories I will first tell you that you have 59 kcal per 100 g of soy yogurt which is 245 kJ of energy. There is also 4.7 g of proteins, 2.7 g of fat but 0 mg of cholesterol. Hope this helps you!

Hi! I just want to say that you shouldn’t count calories when it comes to soy products. They are all reach in fiber, which means that they benefit your digestive system and less energy is spent on digesting the food, which in turn means more energy can be spent on burning fat. Even if it does have some calories more than some light plain yoghurt it is better because soy improves bone health, relieves menopausal symptoms, reduces risk for heart diseases and even helps to prevent certain cancers. Consult some medical expert if you want, but I am sure no one will advise you against using soy products.