what does protine in your blood mean or do

Hi! There is something I remember from high school about the proteins in the blood. I know that they maintain the proper levels of that liquid (plasma and whatever more) that circulates through big and small blood vessels. If levels of the proteins in blood decrease, this leads to low blood pressure and the leakage of the fluid that circulates. This is not supposed to happen. When this happens, we get edema i.e. swelling of the certain parts of the body.

Another thing I am aware of is that these proteins transport some of the medicines, as well as some hormones throughout the body.

But I read that scientists keeping finding new roles of protein in the blood, associated with development of some diseases.

Was there something in particular you wanted to know?

8-| the doctor says i have or need protein more in my system

Proteins are the basic building blocks of every cell in our body.They are large compounds made of amino acids. In order to build, repair or rebuild enzymes and muscles, your body needs amino acids that can only be derived from protein.
There is protein in the blood in the form of albumin serum. Albumin serum is one n which can symbolize general health of a person. Low albumin levels indicate infections, malignancies, tumours. High albumin serum indicate dehydration.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I agree with you mike, proteins are the basic building blocks of muscles in our body,and they are involve in various functions of the body, they are helpful in the Muscle contraction and also they are involve in the transportation of different material across the cell membranes with the help of enzymes, all the enzymes of the body are proteinous in nature.