Hello everyone. My aunt and my uncle want to come to visit me and my family. They live so far away and I am glad because I am going to see them after 12 years, but I am worried a bit. They both are sick and older people. My aunt had three heart attacks in last 15 years. I know that it can be very hard for them to travel so far, but they want so. I suggested them to find out something about travel insurance. I think that they both should get that insurance.

Do you guys have some travel insurance recommendation for a heart attack sufferers?

Hey there Aurora.

Ouch, they are older and this can be a problem, I remember that doctor of my aunt didn’t wanted to let her go to a long trip because he was afraid that something can go seriously wrong. I support this even if there are so many travel insurances that can help heart attack sufferers.

Now, this insurance depends on where they are coming from. So, to tell you this you need to answer on my question.

There is a huge difference between some countries and it is very hard for me to tell you now, like this,

Please, let us know where do they live?

Hey there.

Oh, Make Me Coffee I totally forgot to tell you from which country they are coming. They are from Great Britain and they want to travel to the America. And that is a long way for them. They are also older people and I really don’t want them to go outside and seek what is the best insurance for them.  Yes, I know that it is complicated and that this can be dangerous, but I just can’t stop them. They want to come to visit us and I know that I won’t be able to stop them.

They want to know more about this insurance and they will listen to me just in this case.

Hey. I am from Britain and I can help you :) I would like to recommend you the EHIC because it can entitle UK citizen to free or reduced – cost in so many European countries but in American countries as well. This is going to include the treatment for problems caused by pre – existing heart conditions. It is very important to have travel insurance, especially European Health Insurance Card that I have, but there are so many things that you need to know about it. There are so many things that you can pay and you can find the full list of the countries that are covered by an EHIC and some more general information. Good luck!

Hey there everyone. Thank you so much for your help. I will tell them about this. The reason why I came back in here is because they still haven’t came to visit me. The main reason – they can’t decide which insurance is the best. They called me today and my aunt told me that they are between two insurances – one is very expensive but she told me that this insurance offers them everything and the second insurance is for one month only. I don’t know how long they are planning to be at my house but I think that they will be here more than a month.

Should they take this expensive one?

Good day there. Well they should definitely take the expensive one because they can be at your home more than one month and I don’t want to be skeptical, but you told us that they are older and everything can happen to them.

Here is my advice. Tell them to check with their doctor who will advise them are they even fit for the travel. Sometimes doctors can tell them not to travel.

Now, tell them to check out to get sufficient medical facilities. I can see that someone recommended EHIC but I am not sure that you can travel with this insurance in America, Australia etc. I think that you can use this insurance just in Europe.