I am not feeling well for some time …well I had problems with my thyroid gland during my pregnancy, but that was a long time ago. Now, I am nervous, intolerant to hot weather, I sweat a lot, feeling shakiness and muscle weakness. I am afraid that it might be connected with thyroid again. My husband said that it might be thyrotoxicosis (Grave’s Hyperthyroidism)…and I am not sure what is it? What is thyrotoxicosis?

Thyrotoxicosis, known as Grave’s Hyperthyroidism, is an autoimmune disorder. It is caused by abnormal protein (thyroid stimulating antibody) that stimulates the thyroid gland to produce large amounts of thyroid hormone in an uncontrolled manner. I must tell you that are symptoms of thyrotoxicosis are very similar to conditions that you described Thyroid hormones have a wide effect on the body, so symptoms reflect these. Simply said metabolic processes are speeded up, bowel function is increased and the sweat glands work excessively. But I must tell you there is no specific treatment because thyrotoxicosis is caused by a genetically determined abnormality of the immune system. So I advise you to take seriously your condition and visit physician.

You must get the book on Amazon.com Entitled "Iodine, Why you need it. Why you can't live without it." Dr Brownstein. This will answer all of your questions and will speed your recovery. Yes there is a natural, simple answer to your problem. After reading it go to 1-thyroid.com and take the questionaire for iodine deficiency. I have searched and searched for answers and received them here. Keep researching and you will find the answers. I found a Medical Dr specializing in Holistic Alternative Medicine. He has been a godsend.

God Bless ,
Mrs B