Hello. I'm 44 year old female and I really want to help my best friend to live through this period which is very hard for her.
About six months ago she was diagnosed with some endocrine disease called hyperthyroidism.
I don’t know anything about this disease accept that it has something to do with her thyroid gland and that she has some difficulties in coping with it.
She is not the same person any more. Most of her complaints are concerning fatigue, weakness, restlessness, difficulty getting to sleep and emotional swings.
What should I know about this disease and is there any way for me to help her?

My mother has been diagnosed with this disturbing disease about three years ago and I know some facts about it.
Hyperthyroidism is also known as Grave’s disease or Basedow’s disease. Like you probably assumed- the cause of hyperthyroidism is unclear, but it is thought to be autoimmune disease and it may have a genetic basis.
This disease is about excess production of thyroid hormones which produce a state of hyper-metabolism during which the functions of many organ systems are on one upper level. Body is fighting it with increased blood output of the heart, general blood flow, body temperature, and respiration rate.
She is probably taking appropriate drug therapy and all you could do is cheering you up because it will help her cope with rough periods of disease.