What is the relation between hyperthyroidism and thyrodtoxicosis? How is thyrod toxicosis treated? I heard that anti thyroid drugs are theratogenic. What is Graves’s disease? Please tell me more about diseases caused by hyper function of thyroid gland. Thank you in advance.

Well, hyperthyroidism is type of thyrotoxicosis. Toxicosis is clinical condition in which serum levels of thyroid hormones are very high. Thyrotoxicosis may be caused by hyperfunction of the gland, but it also may be caused by inflammation of thyroid gland. Thyrotoxicosis may be caused by accelerated synthesis of hormones or by releasing stored hormones from the gland. Grave’s disease is the most common type of hyperthyroidism, it’s also called diffuse toxic goiter. Different eye problems are usual symptom in Grave’s disease.