Good day.

My sister Ciara lives in Europe, in France to be precise. She was always good looking, she was a model but she is older now and she doesn't do modeling anymore. She is 37 years old and she gave a birth to her first baby almost two years ago. 

She got fat and I think that she is also a little bit depressed because she is not young anymore. So, she started to follow some diet programs but than she started to avoid foods. 

Now, she is anorexic and her husband doesn't know what to do or how to help her. Anyway, I just want to know what are the vision problems for anorexia survivor? What is the cure for them? 

Unfortunately, there is no cure for permanent eye damage. Many eating disorders are known to damage your eyesight or even cause serious eye problems. Even if there was a way to fix your vision problems (if the damage was too severe), I suppose it would involve some kind of surgery which would probably be way to expensive for someone who is living, let's say a decent life.

Your sister can talk to her doctor and see what he has to say about all of this. He is probably going to recommend her some diet that could help her improve her eyesight.

It all depends on what kind of vision problems are we talking about here. There are some vision problems that can be handled and there are some which you can't do anything about. When it comes to the ones that you can do something about, it can be a matter of taking medication or doing some simple procedures or it can come down to having to have some serious surgery done or something similar.

Like I said, it all comes down to what kind of vision problem does your sister have, if you tell me more about her issue, I can give you some more precise info.

Deni is right, we need to know what kind of vision problems are we talking about here, but since you didn't mention that your sister is actually having any vision problems, I am assuming that she actually doesn't have any, am I right? Are you asking just in general about vision problems?

If your sister doesn't already have any sort of vision problems, I wouldn't worry about her getting these in the future. If it happens, then you can talk about it but now she should really focus on overcoming her anorexia, it isn't easy but it is always doable, she just needs to fight it.

Well, unfortunately anorexia is connected with eye damage. Anorexia is really serious issue and it is a disease that will take a control over your life, even if you don't want this.

So, it is not just about losing weight rapidly. But still, we can't tell you a lot about the cure because we don't know what kind of vision problem is in this case.

Some of them can be cured, while some of them just can't be cured that quickly. Or they cannot be cured at all. 

It is true that anorexia can cause permanent eye damage. I hope that she will be ok. 

Hello there. There are so many dangers that eating disorder can cause. It would be much better for us if you could tell us what kind of vision problems we are talking about. because it would be much easier for us to tell you how much is that dangerous or is it dangerous at all. Anyway, it is suggested that anorexia can cause permanent eye damage in patients. In one study researchers studied the macula in the eyes of 33 women and I read that, of these women, 13 had anorexia and 20 were healthy. The women had an average age of 28. So, it can definitely be dangerous and it can cause permanent eye damage.

Yes, I agree. Look, every eating disorder can cause eye damage. It doesn't matter are we talking about bulimia or anorexia. Now, it is very simple - if this damage lasts more than it should, than there is nothing that you can do about it. It can cause permanent damage of the eye. 

If she found about this on time, there are big chances that there is a cure for it.

Anyway, I think that someone already mentioned the eye surgery. One guy that I know needed to go to this surgery but he didn't because of some situation. I don't know what is going on with him now...