Hi. I am 23 years old guy. I think I`m anorexic. Everybody say guys can`t have anorexia. However, I think I do. I have all the symptoms, and my body weight is almost 20% below expected. Can a guy be anorexic? What could be the cause of my problem?

Hi. Anorexia affects mostly girls, but boys can also suffer from this eating disorder. I am a 26 years old guy and I suffer from anorexia too. So, it`s not just a girls` disease. My body weight is 23% below normal and I still feel fat. I was overweight a year before and partially I still feel like that. The cause of anorexia is unknown. Some think inherent biological factors and your social environment play a role. All we know is that anorexia affects mainly women, especially western world models and ballet dancers. I think stress and depression are to blame. Things such as puberty, deaths in the family, etc. can trigger anorexia.

Research has been done, and yes, anorexia affects both guys and girls. I'm fifteen and I am a semi-anorexic. Stress and depression have a huge hand in triggering anorexia. Going through puberty is really not that stressful, but I go to school in a place where I am one girl out of a group of five people who do not look like supermodels. Five people versus like a thousand. You can imagine the pressure. But as for being triggered by a death in the family, that's not really sensible, besides the possible thought that you would want to die a slow and painful death. Anorexia is dangerous. At some point, people will notice. You can be put in the hospital for suffering from malnutrition, as a result. Be careful, guys. You've got people standing behind you.

i was anorexic, at the time i was 17 and lost 30 pounds in a month and a half, i was 140 and went down to 110. i was always a pretty good looking guy girls were into me and for an entirely different person would have been an amazing life. Deep down i was the most shattered, depressed person that could possibly be imagined and i started starving myself. Last december i went into a treatment hospital where when i 1st started i could hardely eat a small cup of fruit and i was in there for 4 months. and now im better than ever.

i know its not to helpful but im not much for writing and thats a small portion of my story

YES don't be retarded ED's are not racist or sexist guys and girls have eating disorders of all kinds if your ANOREXIC: then you are counting calories obsessivly dieting obsessivly excorsing and obsessing over your weight going to extreme to keep your weight below a certain level and lowering your weight every time you reach that level IF you think you are anorexic though its not a virus its a mental state get checked by your doctor to make sure your health is not affected and if it is go see a therapist proffesional help is the only way to figure out the depth of the problem

Hi Guys, i too was on the verge of anorexia. im 15 years old at the start of the year i was sick of the way i felt, i was 171.6 pounds and felt disgusting so i decided i would change that i went to Weight Watchers and go at it by doing the healthy approach, it worked great for me but i only was loosing half a kilo to a kilo a week but i  wanted to loose more i then dramatically cut down my calorie intake and did c**p loads of exercise, i became obsessed not being able to stop i reached my goal weight then decided it wasnt enough i made another goal and reached that then another goal and reached that then another i finally got down to around 105 -110 pounds and i am quite tall for my age too and would look at myself and cry as i thought i was hideoulsy fat, this all came from the pressure of people calling me fat when i was bigger, it all really depressed me and i hated myself, at that point i had people coming up to me saying im scarred for you your so thin, people where i worked would say to me you need to put on weight even my school principle sat me down and asked if i needed to see the school counsellor, at that point i would skip breakfast and lunch and have grilled chicken and lettuce for dinner on a small kids plate. i would constantly weigh myself and fall to my knees crying as i would look at my stomach and think i was hideously fat. only a few months ago when my grandma visited me and stared crying did i realise i had gone too far, i was put in hospital and got better. i am now 127 approx ibs and am happy i am even a little skinnier for my recommended weight but its what keeps me happy, i still watch what i eat but i now eat breaky lunch and dinner, i eat normally.

For all of you out there we are all beautiful the way we are. if i can help one person i have done my job. People look worse anorexic than a little curvier trust me i look at pictures of myself back then and cringe, it truly is scary to see people with anorexia

Thanks 

Oscar