Let's face it - it's hard to be a woman in today's world. Especially with pencil-thin, absolutely perfect models glaring from every magazine rack. What is modern society doingto women that even the beautiful can't be confident and content in the way they were created? No one looks perfect - whether you are thin or have a larger build. From the media's standpoint, you're not beautiful until you're extremely thin (it's good to take care of yourself and be a healthy weight, just not unhealthy). Plastic surgery is being pushed everywhere. From many peoples' views, you won't look perfect until:

-You change the shape of your nose
-You get breast implants
-You have the perfect flat stomach

and more.

I heard of a little 7-year-old girl that once said, "When I'm 30, I have to have surgery." When she was asked why, the girl replied, "When you get old, you have to have surgery to be pretty again."

I beg you not to fall for these lies that many females, including myself, tend to believe. You are so perfect and beautiful the way you are! I know, it's very hard to find confidence in yourself sometimes, but try your hardest to appreciate the way you are! :-D

Though plastic surgery has made noteworthy advances in correcting facial disfigurement, scores of women - and now men - wan to alter their appearence for lessthan noble reasons. They want to b enied, desired, sexier, thinner. The media promote the idea that beauty - at any cost - is the ticket for self-worth and success. Lies!!

Please don't think I'm saying it isn't good to appear attractive and take notice of the way you look. You don't have to skip excercise or not wash your hair in the morning. I'm just saying that you don't need plastic surgery to feel beautiful! You already are, and you can't put a price tag on that! :-)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Self worth should not be based on physical beauty alone. Obtaining a higher education and landing a high-paying job can help boost self-esteem, making physical beauty less of an issue.