Hello, folks. A close friend of mine is suspected to have anorexia. I think she is in serious condition. Her parents will make her seek medical help. I wonder what kind of treatment is necessary for people recovering from anorexia. What do you know about this? I will appreciate all your help.

Hello. If your friend is in serious condition, then I am afraid that hospitalization is required. The accent of the treatment is correction of malnutrition. That is why these persons are fed intravenously. Weight gain only is not enough. Since this disease has psychological causes, psychotherapy is needed. Psychiatrist should have an important role in anorexia treatment. Group therapy with family members is also possible. I hope your friend will be better. Bye!

Celebrity
Cbt is supposed to work well for eating disorders. It helped me with my anxieties, including panic and depression. I gave a copy of the beginner cbt book we used in my group to a friend whose girl had an ED and she said it helped her and oddly she said the thinking problems in the suicide chapter related well to what she was going through with her eating disorder.