Hi everyone,

I am a young girl (22 years old) from eastern Europe, and I have a bit of a complicated problem. At least I consider it to be complicated.

I wanted to be a model when I was 17 so I started eating less, or nothing. I eventually really got into eating nothing and I got self-diagnosed anorexia. I tried to recover and I succeeded, but now I have a few kilos that I want to get rid of. But whenever I try to start eating healthy in order to get rid of these kilograms, I fear that I might end up with my anorexia habits again.

Hi there,

That's amazing that you have come so far on your own, eating disorders are extremely complex and serious disorders though and the only recommended course of treatment is to seek professional help. The recovery process looks different for everyone, especially depending on where you are in it, but the ultimate goal is to be in a place free from disordered thoughts and behaviors. Mindful eating and listening to your body's hunger cues, and trusting it can be very difficult in recovery, to let go of that control. Speaking to an eating disorder specialist or a registered dietitian can help you with what you are looking for.

First of all, are you sure that you are overweight? I mean, are you sure that there is a need for these kilograms to go off? If not really, then you shouldn't really risk getting your anorexia habits back since this is a very serious and dangerous disorder and it is definitely one of those disorders that are extremely hard to fight and that can cause you so much trouble. You have been through all that once already so you know exactly what I am talking about. If you are feeling that you are getting those habits back again, just don't do it.

Yeah, I think that you are right Deni. I remember how hard it was but I am a strong person and I got over it, and it was all on my own. I remember how people stood astonished when they saw me healthy and with a normal weight, nobody could believe that I did all of that on my own. What can I tell you, a strong will and determination can make anything happen.

I think that I will stop thinking about losing these kilograms for a period of time now, but I still want to know what are the odds of my anorexia habits to come back.

Hello there. First, I want to tell you that I am really sorry to hear this and to hear all those similar cases like yours. You are not the only one and I am really glad that you have recognized that you have problem and that you are trying to deal with it.

It is possible but the recovery process is definitely different for anyone and this can be very huge problem so it is very important to consult someone is who is truly expert. I really hope that you talked to your doctor because I think that it is impossible to deal with this alone...

Hey there. Look, you should never joke with things like those. Someone already asked you - are you sure that you are overweight? If you are not and you think that you are, you are in the huge problem. Eating disorders can be really huge problem for everyone. You are very young and I know when I was in your age I didn't know if I was fat or thin. So my advice is to consult someone who is an expert in this area, who can help you.  Recovering after anorexia can be really hard and long period. Good luck.

I will never understand those girls who believe that they are fat when they are not. Like many of you, I also had this problem when I was younger and when I believed that thin people are gorgeous and that I am fat. I was one step to the anorexia as well, and now when I look back at those days and when I see my old photos, I can see that I was not fat at all. So, like others already told you - you need to find out are you really overweight or not. Dealing with anorexia can be a huge problem. 

I agree with everyone of you guys, but also we need to think about this issue twice because this is not something that we can joke with. It can be very serious. A lot of young girls can't tell are they overweight or not, but you should know that usually they are not overweight and this can lead to something that we don't want...It can be fatal. So like others told you and I told you as well, you need to be sure in what you are dealing with. It is possible to lose weight healthy, of course..but I think that it is complicated...

I totally agree with you Hannah . But it is very important to understand how to lose weight safely while you are recovering from the eating disorder. There are a couple of advice for it. First, you really should find someone to be your support. Also, when you are recovering from something that is similar to this, you should cut alcohol totally. Find the best way to exercise, find some exercises that are really good and helpful to you. There are so many things you can do while recovering, like hiking, biking/ cycling, walking the pet or just walking around neighborhood.