My daughter is about to have her first eating disorders counseling tomorrow for she has been diagnosed with anorexia nervosa and we were advised to try to help her with some eating disorders psychotherapy and counseling so I am now wondering how this looks alike for also the family support is supposed to be incorporated in this eating disorders counseling. Do you think that eating disorders could help my daughter coping with her problem and how long it takes? Thanks!

If you ask me eating disorder counseling and psychotherapy is the only way that could help her solving her anorexia problem and the family therapy is very important here for the support she could gain from her family members so you will have a lot of work here in sense to be her the biggest support for without this aspect the chances of success are very reduced. Anyway eating disorders counseling basically consists of teaching and learning what is right and what is not right regarding the eating habits so you have there whole group of professional therapist involved in this eating disorders counseling –there are psychotherapist, socialist, counselors and other professionals so in general this is a very complex issue that takes time in some cases even more than a year but it is worth it for the result are almost always positive.