Hello! I have two teenage daughters. They are really good children who live as most of their teenage friends. They like to go out, listen to rock music, surfing the internet. But, they are very good at school and I haven’t noticed any misbehavior so far. Since I heard a lot about eating disorders I would like to know what kind of eating disorders exist in children?

Hello! There are several types of eating disorders and the most common is anorexia which is characterized by refusal to maintain a normal weight, extreme concern with body weight and shape and loss of menstrual periods. Then there is bulimia which is characterized by preoccupation with food and weight, consumption of a very large amount of food in a short period of time and self-induced vomiting. And there is binge eating disorder is characterized by periods of uncontrolled to the point of being uncomfortably full and feelings of shame and self-hatred about it.