Hello! I am curious if there are any eating disorder programs for my teenage daughter is anorexic- the situation is alarming at this point and I really need to know are there any eating disorder programs that could help her. I am practically afraid she could starve to death –such serious is her condition now and I thought she is just in that food disgusting phase and it would disappear on its own but the things went so terribly wrong so I aw aware now she needs some professional help but I never heard of any eating disorder programs so am curious if there are any. Thanks!

Of course there are –there are many eating disorders programs so you could even be having hard time with choosing the one. I had the same problem with my daughter when she was 17 and it was about four years ago and it took us about a year to get the first results and plus the physical recovery which is prolonged in more severe anorexia or bulimia condition. I could recommend you the eating disorder program my daughter was on and it is called Rader program and I brought her to the California for this – that is where we have some cousins so it was easy for me to chose the place so far- but I must stress it was the excellent choice for there you could choose whether inpatient, daycare or outpatient program you also have there family program and continuing care program. So there you have all different professionals working hardly to help their eating disorders patients so basically this eating disorder program provide the help of psychiatrist, physician, psychologists, family counselors, dietitians and even nurse and exercise counselors and they all assists both the affected individual and the family also. So basically whatever eating disorder program you choose for your daughter it is important that it provides a multi-disciplinary approach for that is the best way in which the persons with eating disorder problems could regain self-respect and self-esteem.