I've got a closet full of spare computer parts. Probably 3 or 4 monitors and enough parts to build a beater machine or two. What should I do with it? I can't brind myself to just throw it all away, but I want to clear out the closet.

Build a nice computer and ship it to me.

Local schools might be able to use the monitors. Maybe one of the local tech schools could use parts? Also, check out a used computer shop, they could probably use old parts.

That how we've gotten our last 2 computers. From all the BIL's leftover junk. He still has enough parts for 12 computers. 8O

Have him make me one...... please?

I know that we always accept old computers. If we find they are not worth repairing or servicing, we scrape the parts and throw away the empty shells.

There is probably a school around you that does the same.

Our office here keeps tabs with a lot of charities and when computers and other equipment for that matter, gets replaced, it only takes a few phone calls to find a home. Most non-profits are way behind the technology curve so much of what you have would probably be a step forward for somebody.

ebay.

Get in touch with your creative side and build a sculpture.

The Salvation Army and the CHildren's Shelter take them here. Some schools might also.