they arent going to do anything more than sit in my closet (unless i decide to be a graduate for halloween next year) and yet, i cant bear to throw/give them away.

Get rid of them now rather than later!!!!! There's enough stuff to junk up closets with!

:1:
Although this is one thing that I still have around my house, too.

:1:
I am happy to say this is the one thing I DIDN'T hang on to.
I still have no idea what to do with my wedding dress. I know no one in the future (i.e. Avery) will want to wear it, but I just can't bear to give it away or sell it........

Lucky for me this is something my mom has decided to keep at her house! :) But, ditto on the "nobody will want to wear it" comment.

Pack them in box, label it lingerie/toys, put a gotcha note in the box, seal it and put in your MIL's basement

Well actually, it had been at her house, then she made me take it back, then when we were clearing out the house to show I gave it back to her, now we've moved and she's clearing out closets and wants me to take it back!!!!!!!!!!

Let her dress up in it, she'll be the coolest kid on the block. My mom's homemade wedding dress was taken apart and partially used for my aunt's wedding dress. So it wasn't even really the same dress when she got it back, and she knew none of us would want to wear it, so we all played dress up in it. All. the. time. We were the only house...well ever...to have a REAL wedding dress to play in. And "wedding" is more ufn than "house" any day of the week. We rocked.
I digress.
Throw out hte graduation gowns. I don't know about you, but mine have all been made of chincy overprice one step above paper c**p. And graduate isn't a very scary or funny halloween costume. Save yourself the heartache and headache and just throw them out now. You can yell at me later if you regret it. (you won't).

yeah, even my college one is that polyester c**p. :?

Dri-Fit graduation gowns? :hysteria:

with my graduation robes from highschool and college? they arent going to do anything more than sit in my closet (unless i decide to be a graduate for halloween next year) and yet, i cant bear to throw/give them away. :|
Get rid of them before you move. You will never use them. The next time you look at them, you'll probably have a kid graduating from highschool or college yourself. That's a long time to hang on to clothes. Move into your new home without a bunch o' c**p from your past that you Just.Don't.Need.

I don't remember having them around after graduation, I think they were rented.

yeah, even my college one is that polyester c**p. :?Hmmph - mine is velvet. I kept it, and I still have it somewhere. Where, and why, I don't know.

:1:
You got the certificates and degrees, you just don't need that c**p.

Keep the wedding dress! You only throw them out if you get divorced.

Even though the daughters might not want to wear them, they can take the material and make the ringbearers pillow out of the mother's dress (something old), or a hankerchief, or a purse, or just to play in.