When I came home from breakfast this morning a six month old part pit bull puppy was in the street and to make a long story short came bounding over to me. It's very friendly and no one know who the dog belongs to.

I already have a dog who is not too keen on sharing the house with another. The animal shelter is not open this weekend. Temporarily I have put her into my fenced backyard hoping someone missing a puppy will begin looking for one.

The dog doesn't appear to have been abused and looks like it was well taken care of. But people do dump their dogs in our neighborhood for some reason.

I am thinking of giving the dog a bath but I also don't want the dog to think I'm its master.

Google Villalobos. they may take it or be able to help you. Don't take it to a shelter where they will kill it.

Maybe walk the dog around the neighborhood. Maybe someone will recognize it.

I've walked her around the neighborhood twice - no one is out. My next door neighbor is calling a few friends to see if they would like a friendly puppy. She obeys pretty well, although she isn't house trained.

PH LOVES to watch other people's dogs! :fubby:

You could put signs up with her picture on them.

Well, I'm keeping the dog till Tuesday and then taking her to the Dekalb animal control if I can't locate an owner. Because she is part pit bull they'll almost immediately put her down. But my SO and other dog are insistent she cannot stay. Right now I'm keeping her upstairs with me when I don't have her outside.

I dread the thought of taking this dog to the animal shelter. She is so beautiful and well behaved.

:( I hope somebody finds her before that.

place up some FOUND posters with a gquick digital pic of her.

Good Luck in finding the owner.

I have sent an email to one of the Lawrenceville agencies. I'll send a companywide email Tuesday to see if anyone would like the dog.

She is not quite house trained but appears to be a fast learner. She is also teething so I've given her a couple of the other dog's chew toys and teaching her the "no" command on everything else including my running shoes. I'm also keeping her off the furniture.

I've set up the dog crate I used for my current dog when she was a puppy for tonight. I have no idea what to call her.

i'm glad you've taken her in for now. she seems like she is very intelligent and would probably make a great pet for the right person.

maybe someone is still looking for her; she wasn't tagged..maybe they're frantically searching. have you called the shelters and let them know you've got her? people who have lost dogs will contact shelters to see if it's been found and turned in there. foster parenting pets is something the shelters here will do when they are full, but of course there has to be a willing foster home.

i hope there's a positive outcome.

:|

Well, the local humane society sent me back a rejection email suggesting maybe I look up pet adoption days at local Petsmarts and other locations and ask to be a "guest" for a day to see if I can get the dog adopted.

They said they are overpopulated and low on funds. This was despite my offering to sponsor the dog and pay all it's medical bills until the dog was adopted.

There is one ray of hope, though. There is a house in my neighborhood whose occupants are on vacation. One of the kids said they believe they have a puppy in their backyard that someone was supposed to come over and feed and check on each day. I can't see in their backyard without breaking in their house. But I'm hoping this is the house. Although if it is, I hope they consider another pet sitter next time they go on vacation.

If I have to keep her past Wednesday I'm probably going to order a large kennel (lots of room and a cover for shade) for her in my backyard so that while I'm at work she can stay there and the SO and current dog don't to have to complain about the newcomer so much. I'll let her back in the house when I'm home. She isn't housetrained.