Hi, folks. My wife has her first baby and she is older than 35. Her doctor recommends newborn screening tests. I am not sure why he suggested this. I would like to know what you would afraid most if you had to take your baby to this kind of test. I will appreciate all your replies.

Hello, there. I think you shouldn't worry about this. Women older than 35 with first pregnancy bring some risks. It doesn't have to mean necessarily that your baby has some disorder. Most of the tests require few drops of blood, so you don't need to worry about how these methods are invasive. Hearing tests requires only putting an earphone into a baby's ear and measuring its response to sound. If you have some uncertainties, talk to the doctor. I am sure he will provide you will all the necessary information you need. Please, let me know what happens. Good luck! Bye!