Users comments and reviews on article Workaholism and Its Impact on Your Personal Life by SirGan

I think workaholism is an awful problem. I tried to date a woman who was a workaholic and in the end I felt awful and unappreciated while she just spent all her time in the office. I'm glad she got a promotion but I felt terrible while we dated. I hope people realize how destructive this can be! Thanks for posting this.

The guy I am/was (hard times..) with wanted to discuss the "opportunity" to work in a different country for 3-6 months of last year during a time when my father was just diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and was receiving aggressive chemo treatment. all driven by the fact that it would help his career. family first anyone? i don't think so. this is such a destructive part of our lives. not one vacation has been taken without work somehow being in the background. all nighters are taken. weekends are worked. it is unreal and so incredibly destructive. work is first to me.

I am currently dating a guy who's picture should be in the dictionary beside the work workaholic. I have been dating him for 8 mths and due to his work addiction I have only seen him 4 times in the entire 8 mths. Within those four times his work was always with him via laptop, cell, fax, and any other electronic means. I am absolutely fed up and the relationship is coming to an end. I have brought the problem to his attention early in the relationship and he chose to ignore it. Unfortunately I have to break up with him via email due to his lack of time and communication for/with me. Too bad. He really is a great guy.......for someone else. lol.

I'm sorry but this may sound a little bit rood from me. Relationship of 8 months and you only seen him 4 times? And in those 4 times he was working? This doesn't sound like an relationship to me. And you should break up with him and find someone that will actual be there with you more then 4 times in 8 months. :-)

Thank you for this article. I fit the description. I am 50 and now realize how lucky i am to have the people I love around me even when my mind is racing with all work related ideas. It is refreshing however to become aware because that is when one can start to change. Thank you!!