I'm relatively new to cycling. I like to ride long distances and it takes me about 3:35 to ride 11 miles and some 4:01 for a 20 mile ride. I am not a competitive rider but would like to know what your average cycling speed is? It is easier when you have some reference and some numbers to compare your time to.

I suggest you don't compare yourself with others all the time. Everybody is different. You should compete against yourself if you want to see how good you are. Try to beat your own best time. Your speed can be affected by many factors. Regarding the numbers, many people can reach the average speed of 20 MPH or more, even on long distances. I manage to ride at 22-23 mph. Sometimes I peak at 30 mph but it is only for the short time and has no real meaning. The pros usually go at average of 25 MPH for the approx 2,200 miles.