Hi, I have a boyfriend who was in love with me a long time before we started dating, and before I found out that I have HIV. He is not infected, because we used a condom every time. I tried to break because I love him and want to protect him, but he always says that he can’t imagine his life without me. Yesterday he proposed me, and I really have no idea what to do. Please help!

Hi, it is possible to be married to a person who has HIV, and not to be infected yourself. If you’re already in the relationship with this man, what would be the difference if you were married to him? You can adopt a kid, because you won’t be able to have one. If you really love itch other, and want to spend the rest of your life together, I think you should get married. I am telling you this because I know a healthy girl who married a HIV positive man, and they still live together, happier than many normal couples. She is still uninfected, but she fights this disease with him, like they’re one. It will be easier for you to cope with HIV if you have someone beside you. I wish you all the luck in the world!

If he's okay with you having HIV, and you both love each other a lot then sure, go ahead. HIV is so manageable nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised if you outlived your fiance. As long as you both take the necessary precautions, I don't any reason why you two shouldn't spend the rest of your lives together.

well, hiv is very livable today as long as you take care of yourself. and who knows what will happen in the future, there could even be a cure! so i say if he clearly loves you that much, and if you love him, try it out. just because you have hiv doesnt mean you can't live a normal life. just keep up the safe sex.