My question is: Do teen relationships carry the characteristics of how real mature love should be when you're a grown adult? How serious can we be? I didn't think of it until recently. Now I am married for 2 years and I think of my high school sweetheart constantly. Is that wrong???

I think that teen relationships should be taken much more seriously by parents than it is. Just because she/he is a teenager and not ready to settle down and get married doesn't mean they can't share a special bond with another person. Many high school sweet hearts get married later in life and have a successful marriage, so very serious...I know a few from my school. They have children and a home, I guess the bonds formed in high school are ones that should be shrugged off and taken lightly.

I ask myself the same question. At only 14, while staying in Germany for a year, I met this girl named Erika (same age as me) in Hamburg. She has long blode hair, blue eyes, a deep caring personality, and a very athletic body. We started to become friends, and I asked her out on a couple dates. Her parents really liked me and my parents liked her. We grew fonder and fonder of each other, and our relashionship became like that of a married couple if you can believe it.

We went to the same school and had classes together as well. One day while doing homework together at her house she asked me, "David, how much do you love me?". I replied, "Erika I love you enough to do anything for you, even if it means my life". She then whent on explaining that she felt the same way, and it was enough that she thought I was the man she wanted to marry. I told her I was only in Germany for a year, and I had to go back to the U.S. in 3 weeks. Erika said she knew and started crying. I told her everything would be ok and we'd see each other again soon.

So finally the day came when I had to fly back to the U.S., and I left Germany with a heavy heart, thinking about Erika the whole flight. 6 months later I got a call from a number I didn't know. I picked up the phone and said "Hello?". I heard an all too familiar voice say, "Look outside, your dreams are now a reality". I opened the front door of my house to see Erika :O standing outside! We hugeed for what must of been 10 minutes, and we both had tears in our eyes. She explained that she told her parents how MUCH she loved me, and that I loved her on the same level. So her parents paid for a MOVE (yes, a MOVE) to my neighborhood in California, so that she could see me again (and my parents were close friends with hers).

We're now 15, and we have grown in our relationship since then and we have become very committed as well. We both lost our virginity to each other, and our bond is even stronger now. We both plan to go to the same college and hopefully get married. Shes starting to talk to me about kids, and she wants 3, lol.

I love Erika so much. I would die for her, and I thank God every day for finding my solemate. Also, she is my FIRST and ONLY girlfriend too and I'm her first boyfriend too, its amazing how far we've come scince Germany. So think of this story whenever you hear someone say, "teenage love never lasts". Hope this answers your question, ;-) -David

i understand the theory that young love is only for experience for the real thing but with this modern world and how so many people are cheating and not understanding the true meaning of marriage it is really hard to believe that a love at say 16 can last till your 65 ?? but i think that giving it a go if you believe love is there and you feel it that it could last a long time never patronise young teens that say there in love because for all we know they could have it all in 10 years the house the car the mortgage kids , marriage !!!! it could happen :-D

I love being in relationships but my last one was to wierd, I'm 15 my gf was 16 there was 5 months between our birth so our age was practically the same I finish school next year and I want to do good and pass my exams then move on to college pass my a levels then uni to get my JLD and I work as a Cadet and volunteer now My girlfriend after two months wanted to settle down not go to college and start a family my word were "I haven't got one qualification and I just did work experiance last month I'm not settleing down until I have a well paying Job and is over 20 years old" I loved her but the employment in our area sucks so it would be debt debt debt for a start and I only want to have kids if I know they will have no problems in life. But now its the spite of her her words "if you get with any other girl I will split you up", my words "taking it well I guess" 8-|

some of the people that we were once with and no longer are can never accept we have moved on or even accept the fact that starting a family is not a good idea because of age ! you obviously have a very good idea about your future and i can see you want to have a good job in order to suipport your children in the future if you have any so well done !!! you know best and rushing into the whole settling down thing is too much too soon you may be in love and if you realkly are you will be together long enough to have children in the future sounds like a fear that she has to have it all now in order to feel secure that the realtionship would last forever !!! you are very smart & keep it that way xx

when you in love youl know it :-)

Ok this subject is not as easy as it seems to some. Once apon a time I was a teenager, I had a few girlfriends back then, most of which I broke up with due to there childish attitude. My last girlfriend back when I was 16 I was so crazy about, and we had such a connection between us, that we got married and have been for 10 years now. I am 30 and I still think about how my son is going to work in a relationship environment.
I met my wife (friend) when I was 13 and she was 12, we spent 3 years without contact for some reason and then one day, we met up again through help of a mutual friend of ours and we started talking and joking and stuff like that (I was 16 at the time, she was 15). We met up a few more times and then, out of the blue, I asked her out, and she said yes to me. I was crazy about her but the only thing that kept going through my mind was "but we are only teenagers, this surely cant last" I was more than wrong. Unlike many other teenage guys who I knew, I didnt want a girlfriend to have naughty fun with, there is much more nicer things to do with your girlfriend than have sex with her and she felt the same way, infect she was worried I was going to force her into it. But I suppose that that is the main reason we stuck together is because we didnt rush things and we spent quality time with each other getting to know more and more about each other each day. This I strongly believe is what keeps teenage couples together, taking it slowly. We went out for 4 years then got married, too soon??? we loved each other enough and we have a handsome lil son now :-)

Another point I want to get out is that teenage love is exactly the smae as adult love, just a bit younger. I have seen many of my mates get hurt because they went out with a girl and then she dumped him for something stupid like he wasnt able to meet up with her or that they were in an argument. Thats where maturity comes in. If a teenage couple are mature enough to keep a relationship going, then it is really possible to happen for many years or possibly even life but only if they keep mature.

To all those people who believe that teenage relationships are a load of old tosh, you are so wrong. Any relationship, young or old can definatly work and can lead to possibly a lifetime of happiness but only if you stick to the rules of relationships. If you are an adult and you see two teenagers walking through town and you think to yourself "it wont last" or "there only kids" just stop and remember that yeah they may be kids, but maybe they have a mega strong connection with each other and maybe they are mature enough to handle a relationship.

Trust me, too many people judged me and my girlfriend when we were kids, it really does hurt sometimes that people can put such a downer on teenagers.

Well, I think its true, I'm 13, and I actually feel I'm in love with my girlfriend, its just there.

i am 16 and my boyfriend is 15. we have been dating for a while now and i love him. some parents say you can't love or you dont know what love is at this age, but i COMPLETELY disagree. i am happy and i feel more condfident and important with him than i ever have. yes some highschool relationships are nothing but drama but some really are good, strong relationships. we know that most relationships dont last from highschool but some do and some kids like me and my bf dont go all crazy like oohh lets get married at 17 uh no! we take things slow and just enjoy each other company and love each other and care for each other through  some of lifes crazy battles.  he is such a good supporter. we have our own life and own friends and we make time for each other around the other people in our life. he is important to me but we both relize we are in highschool. we dont consume all of our self and time into one another. we compliment each other and thats it.