Hi, I have a fourteen years old daughter. She has just entered her teen years and I am very worried about the changes that are going to happen. I see she is very interested in teen magazines. But the once she buys are so shallow. Do you know what the best teen magazines to learn from are? I mean is there a magazine that talks about something else than fashion, make up and pop stars?

Hi, I also have a teenage daughter, so I know what you are talking about. Those teen magazines really don't have any educational value. They are filled with pictures of movie and music stars and useless information. However, teens love them and you shouldn't forbid your daughter from reading them, since there is no harm in them. I have to say that you shouldn't rely on teen magazines to educate your daughter. You are expecting someone else to do your job and to help you bring up your daughter. Teen magazines should be a kind of relaxation for your daughter. All the important facts about life she should be getting in school and from you. So if you want your daughter to go through teenage years as safely as possible, information about sex, drugs, alcohol and other important issues should come from you. Talk to your daughter as much as you can, because she will grow up faster than you think and the values she has learned during this period will stick with her for the rest of her life.