Hi, I have a daughter that is acting really strange. She is a teenager. I know that children in these years can behave unorthodox, but this is getting out of hand. My daughter thinks that it is the end of the world if she wakes up with a bad hair. It is also very important to wear clothes that are in and the ones that she looks best in. What is happening to her?

Hi, you are right when you say that children who are in teenage years act strange. The behavior that your daughter is expressing is exactly that. There is nothing that much dramatic in the way that she acts about her hair or the clothes. However, if your teenage daughter only talks about hair and clothes than you should be worried. Teenage children go through a lot of changes. Your daughter should be able to discuss all of her problems with you. By stressing out about her hair she is actually avoiding the talk about some serious matters that bother her. I bet that there are many questions she would like to ask you, but can't. You should approach her and start a conversation. It would be best for you to do all the talking and not to ask questions. Also do not make a big deal out of it. Talk to her during dinner or when you are watching television. I am sure that in time she will be able to confide in you.

Teenagers go through a lot of things, and looking their "best" is something that is important to many of them. It helps them conform with their friends and fit in. During the teen years everything seems more dramatic, everything is going to bring about the end of the world for them, and because they are young still and children still, they don't realize that a lot of things are temporary. That tomorrow is a different day and what is here today or their main focal point in life right now, won't be in 5-10 years. It sounds like your teenager is acting normal to me, just make sure you have an open ear that are there for her when she needs someone to confide in without being biased.

I beleive that's normal, if your hair is messed up and not looking normal everyone get's mad and even more in the mornings. I'm a guy and get pissed off if my hairs not right

I now get more communicaiton with 15 year old thru text messaging -get good at it. She doesn't sound to different than my little girl. I feel like the years are flying by, and I dont want to let her choice of a shirt get in the way. My girl does need to earn it around the house with chores. Hair is a major think though and it helps her establish her identity. take a deep breath and tell her you lover her.

Good luck