My daughter is in her fourth teen year. She is 16 and all she talks about are boys. We raised her liberally so she speaks openly about her teen problems. But I wonder didn't we go a bit too far? I mean, do I really need to know about all of her problems? I am her parent, and there will come a situation when I will react too protective and really might hurt her in process. I don't want that to happen, so I'm asking for an advice.

I'll say that you can never be too protective. Teen problems might seem a bit naive to us, but for your daughter they are the only important thing. So, don't make fun of them when they talk of something that might seem a bit amusing, you'll hurt them. You already talk to her about everything, so just continue doing that. Even if it sometimes seem inappropriate, it's much better to know about your daughter's friends, social and emotional life than to be left in dark.

I know with my mom, she would always say I could come to her with anything than when I would she would turn into the parent giving advice instead of the counselor i needed. It's a great thing to have your daughter being able to tell you how she feels and her problems because most parents don't get that. But it's never a bad thing to be honest with her and in the process she may get her feelings hurt but she should already know that you are still a good person to confide in. Just remember if she's talking bout problems than she looking for advice, not a mom answer that is going to make her feel like a bad child. (sorry if theres mispelled words)