Is there anybody who could define myocardial infraction to me. What is this? My father had that 3 night ago, and luckily he is ok now. That is why I would like to know more about it. Thank you!

Oh, sorry to hear about your father. Have you ever heard of heart attack? Well, it is the same as myocardial infraction. What happens? Lack of supply of oxygen and other nutrients can cause death of some of the muscle cells of the heart. This lack of supply is caused by closure of the artery ("coronary artery") that supplies that particular part of the heart muscle with blood. The heart muscle which is injured in this way can cause irregular rhythms which can be fatal, even when there is enough muscle left to pump plenty of blood. When the injured area heals, it will leave a scar. The heart won't be able to pump like before but there is often plenty of good muscle left to take care of the job, and recovery can be complete.

A myocardial infraction is the medcial term for a heart attack, and if your father has had three, and is ok now then he is a very luck man.

iam a junior doctor and i can tell you that he will be on many medications for the next 6 to 12 months and they wil range from beta blockers to anticoagulants.

the intetion of these drugs are to stop your father having any futher heart attacks and to also thin the bloood to stop it from clotting.

the hosptial that he attended should have also given him a GTn spray and asprin, 1 to help with chets pain that he whill get and 2 to also help thin the blood.

i hope that this answers your questin and that your father has a speedy recovery.

regards

craig

I had an attack of Heart Failure and was prescribed 5.mg Ramipril twice a day and Spironolactone 12.5mg. daily should these two drugs be taken together? I am 81 years old.