Hi, I am 34 years old female and my daughter got diagnosis of acute bronchitis at first but after few days she didn't feel well so we visited our doctor again and he told us that she got pneumonia and prescribed her injections. I would like to know how bronchitis changed to pneumonia and what difference between these two is.

Hi, your daughter first got bronchitis, inflammation which affects air ways in the lungs or major air tube. If this condition is not treated well it may spread and cause inflammation of the lungs tissue which is called pneumonia. In that case body temperature will rise over 38 C, mucus from her lungs become green or rusty and hear breathing becomes quicker. Pneumonia is curing with antibiotics, usually injections while bronchitis may pass without it.

Hello there cornie214,

As poster above me has already explained the difference between these two conditions there is no need to repeat it again. All in all pneumonia needs to be treated and it requires bed resting in most of the cases, except when the symptoms are mild but then it is called walking pneumonia. Your daughter is going to be better in few weeks but she will need to bed rest and this can be hard especially for children.

In most of the cases it is hard to explain to them that they can’t go outside so do your best to preoccupy her. I hope that she will manage to get over pneumonia very fast. Good luck.