Hi, what’s up with the vitamins? I noticed that more and more food products have vitamin supplements added. Beside that, everyone is saying that we should use vitamin pills every day. So how do I know that I’m not taking too much?

Hi, it’s true that vitamins are added in many drinks and foods today. However, the amounts are not so big, and I don’t think you should worry about that. I think that one a day vitamin pill is enough for everyone, and it’s always better if it’s combined with healthy nutrition. Every vitamin is important for some function in our body. For example, vitamin D in milk is important for our bones, vitamin A in carrots improves our vision, vitamin C in oranges helps our cuts heal and vitamin B produces energy. Deficiency of these vitamins can equally be bad as exaggerated intake. So be careful about vitamin amounts that your taking. For example, recommended dietary allowances for vitamin B1 is 1.2 mg, for vitamin C is 90.0 mg and for vitamin E is 15.0 mg.