Hi, I am eating healthy, fat free food, and I’m not drinking coffee or soda. I eat many fruits and vegetables, and lots of food with fibers. However, I still think that I need vitamin supplements too. Is it ok to take both vitamins supplements and those from food?

Hi, I also take both vitamin and food supplements, and there’s nothing wrong with me. Of course, you shouldn’t exaggerate, but one-a-day multivitamin will not harm you if you really take it only once a day. Too much vitamins can also damage you, so be careful. For example, if you eat lots of grapefruit, broccoli, oranges, tomatoes, spinach, potatoes and strawberries, you shouldn’t take too much C vitamin from supplements and complex. Vitamin C overdose could cause upset stomach, hemolysis and kidney stones. On the other hand, deficiency can cause weakening of the collagen in tissues, hair and tooth loss, joint pain and swelling and some other symptoms. I think it is best to eat a little from everything, and to take one multivitamin a day. I am doing it for long time, and I have an excellent blood picture.