Before all of this, I've never experienced anything mind altering or traumatic or smoked cigarettes or anything. Wednesday afternoon, about 3 days ago, I smoked weed and got high for the first time. I've smoked it about 4 times before, out of a bowl and then a joint, but each time I felt nothing. Wednesday, my friend brought her bong instead. I got high this time. But it was the scariest thing I've ever experienced in my life. I thought I was dead, and I had a panic attack and I just wanted it to stop. Finally, it got a lot better and I could actually see straight, but my mind was still really weirded out. Ever since, I haven't been normal at all. The day afterward I was so scared it would come back, I'd be panicking all the time, my heart would be racing. I felt like my mind wasn't connected to my body, and everything that happened in real life was delayed in my mind. Like everything was in slow motion. Right now, it's A LOT better then it was, but it still feels weird sometimes to move, and I just don't feel like myself anymore. I can't stop thinking about it, and I know my mind is making it a wayyyy bigger deal then it really is, but I don't know how to make it stop thinking bad things -- like i'm going mentally insane. I feel like I am getting better though, but it's always in the back of my mind, and I can't just push it out like my parents and friends are telling me to. I listen to music, play games, and do other stuff to keep my mind off of everything that's happened with the weed, but I simply can't -- probably because I still don't feel right and I'm always so uncomfortable. I just want to go back to normal and I wish I never smoked anything.

What do you think I should do? Should I go to the hospital? Should I seek therapy, or wait it out a little longer, and maybe I'll get over it? How do I get my paranoia to subside? Why has this problem manifested itself in my brain so much?

:-( Please help me...

Hi honey! As a counselor on here, you are definitely NOT alone with this reaction after smoking supposedly "simple marijuana" I truly think that there is something rEALLY bad out there right now! When I was younger and my friends too - when we smoke dope all we were was stoned and buzzed, we were never paranoid or filed with anxiety! So I really think either there is such strong weed out there that it affects so many people, OR they aren't just taking weed, that it is laced with something heavier - which I think is more likely!

Due to the fact that it has been a couple of days, the hospital wont be able to help you, as it is now in your fat cells - liver etc. So all I can say hon is drink LOTS of water and try hard to pee this c**p out of your system!!! You can also take Milk Thistle - this lets the liver detox and thats where this drug will be stored. Either way you need to get it out of your system - naturally, by exercise and water! This WILL pass honey! Give it one more week, and IF it hasn't gone, I want you to go to your doctor and have him run some blood tests, just incase it wasn't just marijuana!! OK? Good luck and health honey!

Thanks, Bambi. :-)

Well, but I'm feeling A LOT better. All day today I thought I was a goner -- that my mind was going to be engulfed in madness and I would be committed. However, I had a headache and took some Advil and found that just a little while later my mind was cleared. I actually feel like myself now. I can think about other things without thinking about my horrible "trip" or whatever I had when I was high.

The only thing that's still screwing with me is my mind still feels off track with time a little bit. When I move too quickly it seems to be in slow motion kinda. It's a lot better then it was 2 days ago though. I'm pretty positive my perception of reality/time or whatever this is will be fixed in no time.

Thank God I'm not freaking anymore.

The only thing I'm curious about is WTF HAPPENED TO ME?

You said it may be laced, but I don't think it was, since the people I smoked it with were freaking fine. They weren't going crazy like me and the next day they were fine too.

Everyone's told me that the THC would be out of my system in less then 3 hours. Why did I feel this weird-ness for freaking 3 days?!?!?!
I thought I was going mental and there was no way of becoming sane again!!! :-(

When I was 15 a "guy" gave me a drink, within a few moments I was running from the police and it took 5 of them to hold me down, everything was in slow motion, their talking their actions EVERYTHING! I view everything like one of those convex mirrors in a pharmacy! It was TERRIFYING it took about 1 month to TOTALLY feel myself, even though I still had flash backs with everything going normal and then WHAM someone would talk slowly! My drink was laced with Angel Dust!!! It was one of the worst experiences of my life, and I will NEVER forget it! Shortly after my incident, my moms friend was out for dinner and a drink with her friend. A guy asked her to dance and she said no! They both went to the bathroom, came back finished their drinks and within 2 days she was admitted into the mental ward of the hospital she worked in! She was there for over a week - with the diagnosis of psychosis - then a young doctor saw her and said "Test her blood for PCB's" Sure enough her system was FILLED with Angel Dust - the guy had slipped it into her drink! She almost lost her job, her family not to mention her mind!! So even though your friends didn't have the same reaction doesn't mean that it wasn't laced! They might be more used to it than yourself! Because - as far as I'm concerned - if anyone is used to Angel Dust they have to be insane! So that is what I think is what you experienced, that whatever it is was laced! This isn't a normal THC stone honey! And it lasts WAY more than 3 hours. That's why any athelete cannot be around it for several days! THC is stored in your fat cells in particular your liver! So that isn't true! You will be OK honey I promise! I think it was a good lesson for you to go through - as it was for myself!

That's mostly what I'm worried about -- my body absorbing some more THC and my paranoia coming back and my very very mild psychosis. I'm going to try to do whatever I can to get it out of my system. Exercising, lots of water, lots of eating, right?

I was thinking about it, and I remembered that she kept this weed we smoked in a Oxycontin medicine bottle thing (because it's air tight and secure; but really freaking dumb). Is there any possibility that some of the Oxycotton residue got in the weed we smoked? If so, it'd only be a little and both of the people I smoked with are so used to being high they probably didn't notice, but since it was my first time getting high it hit me even harder and longer?

If it was just reminents of Oxy then there is no way! The THC will be gone soon honey, try not to focus on it OK? Just drink the water, go to the washroom as much as you can, and take Milk Thistle Herb, they sell it in capsule form at health food stores! This TOTALLY detoxes your liver! Like I said IF this continues for 3 or 4 more days, you need to go see the doctor! They might have to do blood tests to make sure you don't have anything major in your blood! Have you experienced paranoia or anxiety or even over reactions before this?

I try not to think about it but it's hard. :-(
I've never had a panic attack, paranoia, or anxiety before I did this.
Ugh..

If you really feel like you are out of control then definitely seek medical help, just know that after this long they will have a hard time finding out what is going on with you! Even if they found something, they still would have to "flush" you out with fluids, such as an IV etc. How much dope did you smoke by the way?

Well, I think I'm going to be okay... I'm feeling a lot... And I think every day I'm feeling more like myself... I'm going to wait a week, like you said, and see how I feel. I didn't smoke that much. Just out of a bong, like 5 times... But it was my first high, and I think it just scrambled my brains... I did not like the feeling AT ALL. I kept seeing the same image replaying in my head... yeah, I thought I was dead. :/ Or having a heart attack or something. But it's alright now for the most part.

But thanks Bambi.. you really helped me calm down. I thought I was going to be messed up for life!!

You'll be OK honey I promise! My eldest son is 17 and he had a terrible experience 2 years ago where they "thought" they were taking "just" valium, and it wasn't, the police nor the hospital had ANY clue what it was, he was tested for 12 different drugs and nothing! So it took him about a week to get it out of his system, he imagined monkeys crawling on the ceiling etc! It was AWFUL! And I was really pissed that after telling him what happened to me when I was his age, he STILL went and tried something! But, like you, he got it from a friend and they both thought it was fine! But all these gangs now that are in charge of getting young kids hooked, they will put whatever they can in it to get you hooke on it! It disgusts me! So be careful OK hon? and remember this experience OK? Good luck and health!

hey

so it's been a long time since i've posted here, and i'm still not better...
well.. i guess i *am* better, but my mind isn't.
i've had a few panic attacks from my pot experience... and it probably doesn't help that my boyfriend/bestfriend of 6 years left me without saying a word.. he just stopped talking to me..
Anyway I've been feeling REALLY disconnected from reality, like everything is so unfamiliar to me now, i feel like i'm still going crazy, but def not as much as I did. Sometimes I feel like I'm going in slow motion like I was before...
I know its all in my mind but I dunno what's wrong with me or how to fix it and feel normal again.

%-)

Hi Honey! When you first came on here for the problem with the weed, I think that what happened to you after is now more about a depression/anxiety disorder than a reaction to pot. If you check out several of my conversations with others on this site, you will notice that there seems to be a common thread - smoking pot all of a sudden changes their life for the worst! I truly believe that our bodies and our minds just need something to make them "come clean" so to speak! It was smoking the pot - and having a response to it - brought out deep problems within your mind and body! Looking back, you might have always had the tendency to have anxiety and depression, you might have had similar FEELINGS - not actually reactions - to other stimuli! Such as abuse, lonliness, sadness etc. So this is way more than some bad pot honey, this is about what is REALLY going on with your "Essence" for someone to walk away from you and not say a word, is a HUGE indicator that there is something going on with you that you are not fully conscious of! When we are having emotional/mental/hormonal problems, we can NOT see it! ESPECIALLY anything to do with the brain - this is our control centre, and it has an ego as big as the universe. As far as our minds are concerned, IT can in NO WAY be the problem, it HAS to be outside influences - such as drugs, people, etc. etc. So it refuses to take responsibility for letting the "troops" down!

So what has to happen here, is for you to get some help to teach your mind that it DOES have a problem, and you will be working together to help it fix the situation. So I want you to go get some medical help and answer the doctors questions. Regarding depression and anxiety. There are MANY ways of dealing with depression, so don't think that this is your life sentence. It ISN'T!! Just know that everyone who has suffered with depression/anxiety - like myself - feels EXACTLY like you do right now! And the only way to feel "normal" is to get appropriate help! I wish you good luck and health, and please let me know how you make out OK? Good luck honey!

I totally agree with Bambi. You should really seek out help so that you can sort out all your feelings. It sounds like your boyfriend left you in a very traumatic way and I think it'd be totally normal to expect that you'd need some guidance. Have you ever seen a therapist before?

i've never seen a therapist or anything.. my parents keep telling me to just "snap out of it" and stuff, and i try, but it doesn't work...
i'm constantly thinking that i'm dying, because my movements feel like they're going in slow motion (like i just feel the frames, not the whole motion), and sometimes it even happens to my vision if i'm doing something really fast (running, climbing into a car, getting into bed, idk)
Everything doesn't feel real, not even people.
This is how it goes: i think and reassure myself it's in my head, i feel okay for a while, then my vision gets kinda weird and everything looks surreal, and i get scared and think i'm dying..
also it feels like sometimes i'm not even in my body--like i'm watching myself on a TV or something except it's in my mind.. it FREAKS me out so much
my parents set up a doc appt for next weekend, but i'm so terrified i'm going to die before that because i'm not sure if i'm having physical or mental symptoms..because they sure feel physical and really bad.
:-(

oh and sometimes i feel like my brain is having an overload or something and i'm just going to die right on the spot. :\
i think weird things.