Hi, folks. My friend is a vegetarian and he has been trying to convert me for years. I really don’t know what to do. I mean, why should I be vegetarian? Can anyone tell me some positive reasons to indulge my friend? I would really want to hear what you think. Thank you in advance.

Hi, there. I became vegetarian few years ago. First, you will feel better since you do not eat dead animals anymore. Vegetarians live longer, so there is another benefit. This kind of diet will prevent the appearance of the cardiovascular diseases. It also reduces risks for cancer. You will also save some money. You will also get thinner, so you will be able to fit your old jeans again. You’ll also make a solid political stand since millions of animals are killed for food. I could go on with these reasons for days. At the end, it is really up to you.

There are heaps of reasons you should be a vegetarian! You would become a lot healthier, reducing your risk of cancer and other medical problems, less likely to become overweight while eating a proper amount of food, could lose weight, save money, help reduce the amount of animals that are being cruely treated and are eating food that is perfectly good for those starving humans out there, make it heaps less likely that you would get food poisoning, and feel healthier. Still not sure? Try becoming a flexitarian. A flexitarian is a person who eats less than a serving of meat a day and sometimes less than a serving of meat a month or week. By being a flexitarian you would still get the same benefits as a vegetarian. A flexitarian diet is also a good trial or stepping stone towards being a vegetarian it lets you experience what it would be like without completely becoming a vegetarian or lets you work towards being a vegetarian without suddenly cutting out all the meat in your diet at once.