Hello! I want to loose some weight but in a healthy way. My friend recommended that we both start Mediterranean diet and I accepted since it is better to do it together with someone than alone. I have emptied my refrigerator and I am ready to fill it in with new healthy food. I have already bought fresh fish, fruit and vegetables at the market but I don’t know where to buy the best olive oil. It is the most important ingredient and I want it to be of best quality. Can someone give me some advice?

Hello! I am so happy when someone new discovers the magic of olive oil! I couldn’t imagine my life without it. Of course that I will advise you, I consider myself almost an expert. There are three types of olive oil: 100% pure, virgin and extra virgin. Extra virgin is considered the best although I like the 100% pure since it has the strongest aroma. I wouldn’t recommend you any particular brand since I don’t know where you are from, but if you choose Italian oils you can’t go wrong. I hope you will find this helpful.

Hi! As a passionate consumer of olive oil I would just want to offer another piece of advice. Namely, it would be good for you to buy small bottles and try out different brands, tastes and qualities of olive oil. I personally enjoy better some cheaper and less refined olive oils. Olive oil is pretty expensive and therefore you should find the one that really suits you and your palate. That way it will be worth your money!