I’m so silly! I bought a pair of uncomfortable new shoes and I don’t know what to do. I think I can use them for walking, but when I run in them, my feet are killing me and I have cramps in my calves. The problem is that I apparently don’t know how to pick good and comfortable running shoes. Tell me a few models that you think are comfortable.

It’s almost impossible to advise you which model to buy. And I can see from your question that you really don’t know what the basic and most important thing is when picking running shoes. I can only tell you which running shoes are comfortable for me. But that doesn’t imply that they will be comfortable for you since you can be overpronator while I’m neutral pronator. In order not to buy another pair of uncomfortable shoes you’ll have to make a little test: determine what foot type you have. If you happen to have flat feet, or high arches you need to buy shoes that correct the motion of your feet while running. You can’t just go out and buy any shoes you like because,let's say, their design is flashy.