I know that on the market, there is a lot of different kind of vegetable oil, but I would like to know is there any difference between extra virgin oil and regular refined oil. Which one is better from nutritive point of view? Is it matter from where comes the virgin oil?

verile wrote:

Check this out ...
bertolli.com/canadese-e/qea-risposta_cae.asp?country=CAE&lang=EN

**edited by moderator**

Extra virgin is the highest quality olive oil as result of first pressing, performed within 24 to 72 hours of harvesting. Olive oil is the greatest exponent of monounsaturated fat. Extra virgin oil is best for use in salads or as a condiment. An extra virgin mean that is particularly low in acid - less than 1%. This oil has a rich flavor and is more easily digestible than refined oil.