Hello! I have an 8 months old baby and I enjoy my motherhood very much. The thing I hate about it though is that I gained a lot of weight. I didn’t loose any after the baby was born. I am considering starting some diet soon but I cannot make up my mind which is best. I want my diet to be healthy but also to give results. My colleague recommended traditional Mediterranean diet and said it might be exactly what I am looking for. Tell me, please, what is traditional Mediterranean diet?

Hi! I happen to know a lot about this diet and I am happy I can help! Traditional Mediterranean diet is based eating food typical of Greece, Crete and other Mediterranean countries. It was first introduced in early nineties and was a big hit. The diet is based on eating vegetables and fruits, cheese and yogurt, poultry and fish and olive oil as the only fat. Some eggs, red meat and wine are allowed occasionally. The traditional Mediterranean diet is considered healthy since it provides substantial protection against type 2 diabetes and aids weight loss. Hope this information helps you choose this diet!

Hello! I have started traditional Mediterranean diet a month ago and I am super happy that I did! I enjoy Mediterranean food and I am already loosing weight. There is a Mediterranean diet food pyramid which is easy to follow which basically tells you how much of certain food class you should eat each day. It is very easy to understand; you can find it on the internet and see for yourself. I have also recently read that people who eat in accordance with this diet have 70% less chance to die of some disease. Isn’t that great?