Hi, I don’t understand why are my pimples worse in winter. It would be logical to have more pimples in summer when I sweat more, and when my skin is oily. Is there anyone with the same problem?

Hi, my boyfriend noticed the same thing. He has more acne in winter when his skin is dry, which is totally unexpected. My mom is a dermatologist, so I asked her about this. She said that acne appear in winter because our skin gets very irritated by often changes of temperature. Those winter conditions lead to dead skin cells, which cause acne. Dead skin cells cause acne in winter the same way oil does in summer days. It is important to take care of your skin every day, to keep it clean and fresh. You should wash your face twice a day with antiseptic glycerin soap that has no perfumes added, and after that apply a hydrating cream.

Actually, your skintype is dry and should not
use soap to wash your face in the winter time. Use oil. Also, washing once a day will strip away the natural oils. I have had acne on my face during oct-feb winter months because my skin is dried out by the cold dry air and the heating at home, I have been using extra virgin olive oil for the past few years to wash and moisturize my face and the winter acne is gone for good. Extra virgin olive or coconut oil are great moisturizers for those with dry skin, which is prone to breakouts in the winter. To use these oils, open pores with warm
towel, Exfoliate face with oil, wipe off with warm towel and apply layer of oil. do not use soap if you have really dry skin.Reapply throughout the day.
--