Hello.
I am 4 months pregnant. This is my first pregnancy, so I really do not know what is normal and what is not, and I also cannot hang at my gyn’s office every day asking her am I all right or not… yesterday I noticed stringy brown discharge on my panties. It looked like there was a tissue in it. Is that normal?

Hi!
No, this is not normal, I think. I gave birth to two healthy children and I am carrying one (I am 6 months pregnant). I never had a stringy brown discharge, so I really do not think this is normal, but I also do not want to scare you. I completely understand you and you are right, you cannot keep on asking your gyn about everything that changes on your body, but I sincerely recommend, if you do not have time to visit her, to at least pick up the phone and call her. I am sure she will be able to tell you something over the wire, if not she’ll tell to come over.
I hope you’ll be fine!

I have a question to ask. Im 16 i have been on BC for about a year and i just had sex for the first time about 3 weeks ago. We used a condom but 2 times he stuck his thing in me be4 he put a condom on. It hurt everytime after i had sex and that was it. He never got off with out a condom on. So now it was time for my period and that passed, now 3 days later i have a brown colored light period. So i read that if you have brown blood u could be pregnant so i took a pegnancy test a day ago and it was negative. I am still haveing brown discharge and i am wondering if i am pregnant I took a drink of water and it doesnt taste like iron and my breast dont hurt. So if you could answer my question it would be greatly appreciated thanks a bunch bye

If you take the bc pills regularly, it is highly unlikely that you are pregnant. You could just be having a light period.
Also, if the sex hurts it might be a good idea to use a lubricant if you aren't already

Considering you are on birth control pills and that your boyfriend always had a condom on, I would say that the chances of pregnancy are minimal.

Many things may influence our periods and the period (brown discharge) you are experiencing now may be just something transient that won’t happen again.

For example, a flu can affect our periods, stress (worrying too much about something like pregnancy), maybe you have developed a small cyst on your ovary (they’re usually harmless and go away on their own)-they can also affect periods.

From my point of view, this is nothing to worry about. However, if the same thing happens next time, you should then see a gyn to see if there’s an underlying condition.

The reason your intercourse hurt was probably due to lack of vaginal lubrication, so make sure that you are aroused and wet before you decide to have intercourse. If you don’t have enough natural vaginal lubrication, you can always buy some. Make sure it is water based.

I am a mother of two and am also four months pregnant.Brown discharge usually indicates some sort of bleeding has occured,and i know that can be really scary.I myself have had some after sex spotting,so All blood either new or old should be reported right away to your doctor.everything might be fine,its hard to say.I am now fine after my experience with spotting.But you should get this checked right away,especially if you feel there was tissue involved.

when i was 3 months pregnant i woke up one morning had brown discharge in my underwear. i waited a few days and went to the emergancy room i did't really speak up i just said i had been bleeding, they did some tests and the day i got the results i had a miscarriage. The doctor said it would be the same as my period but i ended up losing so much blood i almost died. so dont be scared to call your doctor. the sooner you go to the doctor the faster they can solve the problem.

i had unprotected sex 4 times in 2 days with the same guy.........a couple days later i had brown discharge......its been almost a month now.....and ive been having the feeling like ima throw up....it happens every couple of days........and ive been cramping from time 2 time......r these sighns that i might be pregnet

I am not an expert but I just wanted to let you know what I also went through. I am a mother of two, 6 and 3. I am currently 19weeks pregnant and at the begining of my pregnacy for about the first three months I had a discharge, that was a brownish slim like. I have not gotten any kid of answers on what it acturrally was, I thought That I was going to misscarry agian for the third time. But I didn't and everything is going good. I am very curious about what it acturrally was but at the same time as long as my baby is ok It doesn't matterm does it? As long as you feel all right and have made it this far I think it is normal.

Dear mcglynn,

If you are having any kind of odd discharge I recommend you see your doctor right away and yes you CAN ask your doctor about ANY changes that seem to you abnormal...I don't want to scare you at all but I had a similar thing, stringy discharge with brownish to pink colour and tissue present. I ended up with PROM at 20 weeks...In hind sight I wish I had been more assertive and perhaps this could have been avoided..the thing to be very careful for is infection as infection to lead to PROM...so NO sex..and change your pad regularly..don't put your fingers there and shower 2x a day....I've also heard that an extra dose of vitamin c and zinc can help. I wish you a very happy pregnancy and a bundle of joy!

Justine

I also observed brown discharge at 18 weeks. The doctor found that it was due to bleeding of a cervical polyp - completely fine.

I had a miscarriage in January at 5 weeks and it started off with pinkish and brownish discharge i went to the er and they said i was fine and to come back if anything worsened. It did get worst i began bleeding a week later for exactly a week and i was in and out of the er for that whole week and they told me i was having a threatened abortion the bleeding got heavier and i went back and they said i had miscarried. I and my partner was very sad and we had sex again i had not came on my period. I didn't think nothing of it thought it had to do with the miscarriage. I went to the doctor to get on birth control because i just decided that i was not going to keep going through this but the doctor told me i was already pregnant now i am 14 weeks pregnant and i have began to have the same discharge i have a doctor appointment next week on Wednesday but im scared by then it may be too late. what do you guys think i should do?

EMERGENCY ROOM JUST TO MAKE SURE TELL THEM ABOUT UR LAST MISCARRIAGE