Hi, I am 29 years old, and I often have white light flashes in front of my eyes. I guess I have some eye condition, but I can’t make my self go to a doctor. Do you know what could this be?

Hi, I know the feeling! I have the same symptoms, and it’s sometimes really spooky. I don’t like ambulates too, but when you have a condition like this, you don’t have a choice, you must see a doctor. He first suspected on retinal detachment, which is a serious condition, because it can cause vision loss. Fortunately, it soon turned out to be a false alarm. The cause of my white flashes are migraine headaches that I have. I don’t know how didn’t I make a connection sooner, it was so obvious. The other possible causes of flashes in front of the eyes are vitreous traction on retina, inflammatory or infectious disorders of the retina and neurological disease.

i have what looks like luminesencent lightning lines in fron of my eyes. Went to doctors, not retenal problem but didnt know what it was. it keeps comming back.

Just the other day I had some weird flashing light spots in my eyes and an eyeache along with a pouding headache. I thought it was from being on my laptop for over several hours straight for being up all night. I woke up fine the next morning but had a slight eyeache still. I have been fine since until just now I have the same thing. I just brightened up my laptop and oddly its easier to see for now so I can research this stuff and go to bed. I havent even been on the laptop for as long as before. Maybe about half that time. Idk whats wrong I hope its just from constantly stairing at the screen.

I am glad that I am not the only one having this problem (but I've wanted to get rid of it), reading other people's informaton about the same problem is helpful. Because I'd see white flashes of light and they would happen within my eyes and not outside of my eyes (I coudl tell), so I'd be wondering if there was something inside of my eyes or something wrong with my eyes that caused this, plus vomiting. For awhile I was freaked out because I wondered if I was dying, you know the phrase is "going towards the light."

Please tell me though, that you guys are in good health so I don't have to worry (asides from myself, that is). I'd wish that everypone would be in good health: No white flahses. No vomiting, no headaches or migraines, etc etc etc.

I have had the "lighting lines" in my eyes for about 15 years. It is always just one eye at a time. The line is shaped in a "letter c"

and gets larger and larger. It eventually goes away; faster if I take a tylenol. (???). I was told it was silent migraines. My brother

also has them, but not my identical twin.