Hi, I have flashes and weird shapes in front of my eyes. Sometimes I see worms and lines moving around in different colors and shapes. Do you know what could this be?

Hi, I had similar problems due to my ocular migraine. I saw worms and weird shapes in front of my eyes, with many white spots and flashes. These symptoms were not bothering me all the time, they were more like attacks. Every time it happened, I noticed that my vision was very weak and cloudy. Maybe you have some other cause of worms in front of your eyes. For example, improper stimulation of the eye's retina can cause flashes and shapes. There are some other condition that can be responsible for your condition, such as vitreous traction on retina or infectious disorders of the retina. You really have to visit an eye doctor and be diagnosed. If you have a serious condition that is not treated, it could lead to blindness.

I'm not a medical person, but if it wasn't for the flashes and colors, I'd say your "floating worms" sound like ordinary "floaters".

As we age, old cells are cast off from the retina and "float" around in the eye's liquid. Some are spots, and some are stringy looking in shape.
I have one that has been floating around for forty years since I was in my early twenties. With age, the number increase. You learn to ignore them mostly.

However, you mentined you had flashes and colors accompaning the floaters. If it was me, I'd call my eye doctor for an appointment and not take chances with the flashing and colors.

My wife experience something like that two months ago, and immediately saw our optomologist. He looked at her eye with his scope and said it was just some hardened fluid detaching from the retina area, and the tugging was causing the flashes. But, if it changed for the worse or continued very long to see him immediately, and he would break it loose with a laser before it damaged or detached the retina.